chapter 11👑

It's been 6 months since they first met .

Jungkook and Taehyung were playing in the garden when Taehyung heard a scream from the younger.

"What happened, Koo?" Taehyung asked the baby prince, visibly worried.

"Hyungie, spider!" Jungkook ran and hugged the elder.

"Don't be afraid, Koo. Hyungie is here, Hyungie will protect you," Taehyung assured the younger.

"TAEHYUNG!" Both the boys flinched at the harsh tone of a man's voice . They both parted and saw Taehyung's dad in front of them.

"HOW DARE YOU TOUCH THE PRINCE!" He scolded his son.

"Dad," Taehyung tried to say something but was cut off by the angry prince.

"Don't scold my hyungie uncle." The prince stood in front of the elder protectively, though the height difference was such that the baby prince's head couldn't even reach the elder's shoulder.

"His Royal Highness, I beg your pardon," Kim Dehyun said.

"Taehyung, follow me," he ordered his son.

Jungkook and Taehyung looked at each other before Taehyung left. He left without a hug, and Jungkook felt very sad. He pouted and looked at the retreating figure of the elder.

"ARE YOU CRAZY, TAEHYUNG? HOW CAN YOU DARE TO TOUCH HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS?" Taehyung's dad scolded his son. They were standing in Taehyung's room, Taehyung standing with his head ducked down.

"My son, we are supposed to be shields of royals. We have to protect them without getting close to them. His Royal Highness is untouchable; he can't be your friend," his dad advised him.

Taehyung's eyes were shedding silent tears.

"I... I hold feelings for the prince, Dad," Taehyung told his father while his head was still ducked down, tears rolling down his cheeks.

His father gasped, held his son's arms, and shook him. "Don't dream of such things, Taehyung. You can't have feelings for a royal. You can't. This can't happen, my son. Stop everything now," his father advised him. He didn't want to behave like this with his son. He was a very supportive parent, but this was something that couldn't happen in a million years. His father was afraid of his son's heartbreak. Before any damage was done, he wanted to stop his son.

"I hope you understand this, my baby," he said breathing out .

He took steps to the door of the room but stopped. "You are going to England next week, Taehyung. You will continue your studies there," he announced and left the room, leaving a broken 12-year-old boy behind.

Taehyung went to his bed and cried and cried.

**********

Jungkook kept waiting for his Hyungie, but he didn't come for 1 straight week.

The baby prince was mad at his Hyungie, very mad. He made up his mind that he would not talk to him for 1 hour straight when he would come to meet him, but to his dismay, he never came. Instead, a letter arrived.

"Hyungie loves you, Koo. Hyungie will never forget you."

"Where did Hyungie go?" Jungkook asked his maids while crying clutching the letter to his chest , but none of them had answers.

Jungkook cried for days, but to no avail. His Hyungie never returned, yet he kept waiting for him, unaware that his wait would be this long.

16 years long.