chapter 20 👑

Jungkook sat among a group of elderly people in the old-age home after donating all the essentials. He laughed while listening to ajushis' funny stories they were telling the little prince. Taehyung watched him with love-filled eyes and a little smile on his face.

"Your royal highness, did you find love?" one of the old ladies asked the little prince after her husband shared their love story.

The prince smiled widely. "Yes, I did," he announced proudly, his bunny teeth poking his lips.

The bodyguard smiled too, seeing the prince so proud of their relationship.

The old lady gasped. "Aigoo, your highness, who is that lucky person?" she asked, her eyes big as saucers.

"HE," the prince pointed towards his bodyguard.

Everyone in the room looked at the person standing beside the little prince with astonished, flabbergasted eyes.

And Taehyung? He was like a deer caught in the headlights, his eyes as wide as saucers. Never in a million years could he have thought his baby would announce their relationship in front of everyone, as if it weren't a big deal for a prince to be in love with a commoner and his own bodyguard.

Jungkook stood up beside Taehyung and intertwined his fingers with the elder's.

"I love him," the prince said again, causing the whole hall to gasp.

He looked at his beloved boyfriend, who was frozen in place.

"Hyungieeeeeee," the younger whined, shaking his boyfriend to summon him back to reality.

Taehyung returned to reality with his heart beating like crazy and hands trembling. He gulped, looking at his love.

But when his eyes met his baby's, he felt as if he'd seen entire galaxies in those eyes, shining like never before. How had he become this lucky to have this diva as his partner? He must have saved a whole continent in his past life to have such a bold, sassy, vocal , beautiful , pretty , kind , lovely boyfriend.

"Aigoo, they look so good together."

"Evil eyes off."

"May Jesus bless you."

"May you two lead a happy life."

The room filled with blessings from the elders who smiled widely at the young couple.

Jungkook suddenly became shy, hiding his face in his bodyguard boyfriend's  chest.

"Look at my heartbeat getting all shy after making bold statements," Taehyung chuckled and kissed the crown of the younger's head, while pulling him closer to his chest by encircling his arms around tiny waist of the younger.

All the elders' "uwu" machines broke; they cooed at the lovely couple.

*************************************

Jungkook and Taehyung reached the palace after a hectic day. Jungkook was supposed to go to his chamber and Taehyung to his quarters. Jungkook looked at the elder with a pout, not wanting to be separated from his hyungie.

They were in the royal lift, only the two of them, as Jungkook strictly  ordered from the day one  that in his personal lift only Taehyung was allowed.

Jungkook looked at his lover with longing eyes.

Taehyung watched the younger's antics with a soft smile, shaking his head and chuckling.

"What made my baby sad, hmm?" he asked, pulling the younger close , knowing all too well what his baby boyfriend is thinking in his pretty head .

"Baby doesn't want to be separated from hyungie," jungkook  said, pouting, Taehyung feeling Jungkook's pout on skin of his neck.

"Who is separating my heartbeat from me?" Taehyung asked the younger lovingly.

"Wanna live with hyungie 24/7," Jungkook said, taking in the elder's manly scent.

"Hyungie also wants to live with his baby every second," Taehyung said, pulling the younger closer to his chest, if that was even possible. He pecked the younger's head multiple times.

The moment was interrupted by a ding sound from the lift, indicating they'd reached the floor where the prince resided.

Jungkook whined as he detached himself from the elder; Taehyung chuckled at his baby.

The floor was empty, with no one around as it was past 8 pm, a strict rule for all servants and bodyguards not to enter after this time.

Jungkook's chamber was on the right side, Taehyung's on the left. Jungkook looked at Taehyung once more, hoping he'd be invited, but to his dismay, Taehyung didn't seem to ask.

Jungkook turned his heels towards his chamber with heavy heart .

"Heartbeat," Taehyung called, Jungkook turned around in a snap to look at his boyfriend.

"Where are you going?" Taehyung asked, raising an eyebrow and folding his arms around his chest.

Jungkook looked at him flustered because he found the elder's posture so hot he was sure Taehyung was responsible for the rise in temperature this summer, and those idiot  researchers hadn't caught on yet.

"To my chamber," Jungkook answered sadly, pouting.

"Didn't someone say just last night, 'Hyungie's chamber is Koo's chamber'?"

"Are you backing off from your promise, your royal highness?" Taehyung teased while still raising his one eyebrow .

It took Jungkook two minutes to understand what the elder meant , but when he did, he jumped on Taehyung like a koala. It seemed that just in two days, Taehyung's muscles had memorized how to hold Jungkook when he randomly launched himself at the elder.

"I love you, I love you, I love you so much, hyungie," Jungkook said, peppering the elder's face with kisses. He didn't leave an inch of the elder's face unkissed.

"So shall we go to OUR chamber?" Taehyung asked, smiling.

"Let's goooo," Jungkook sang.

Taehyung took the younger to his chamber while holding him like a baby, and Jungkook enjoyed every bit of it.