chapter 13 👑

Jungkook was roaming around the whole palace, searching for his hyungie. He might be mad at him for not remembering him and breaking his promise, but he didn't lie when he said, 'koo can't stay away from hyungie,' and thus, he was searching for him everywhere.

"Only his quarter is left," he said to himself and made his way towards the elder's quarters.

He reached the door and took a deep breath before knocking.

"Hyungie?" the prince called the elder, but no one answered.

He knocked again but received silence. However, the door opened. The prince hesitated for a moment, but then his intrusive thoughts won, and he entered the room.

It was a tidy room, the bedsheet perfectly set, no clothes outside, indicating how disciplined the elder was. A small smile adorned the prince's face. He roamed around the room and saw the cupboard slightly opened.

He went to close it but encountered resistance. He pushed the cupboard, and a wooden box dropped down, its contents spilling out. Jungkook squatted down to collect them but froze when he saw them. He recognized those things all too well because they belonged to him.

His childhood bracelet that he had lost one day and never found again.

He spotted his purple handkerchief that he had given to Taehyung when he accidentally cut his finger while playing.

His hands trembled as he held them.

"He knows, he remembers," Jungkook whispered.

Then he noticed his hairpin that he had lost two days ago. His heart raced like never before. He picked it up with trembling hands.

He didn't realize when his eyes started shedding tears, his vision becoming blurry.

And then he saw a framed picture - Jungkook's childhood picture. He examined the frame thoroughly and behind it was written 'my heartbeat.'

Jungkook broke down completely, sobbing hard as he held those things close to his chest. He felt an urgent need to see Taehyung; he felt he would die if he didn't see him. Jungkook ran out of the room after keeping the things in the locker. Now he knew where Taehyung must be. He ran to the garden near the pond.

Jungkook ran and saw Taehyung sitting near the bank of the pond. He slowly approached him, tears streaming down his face as he stood behind him. Taehyung saw his reflection on the water, the moon glowing in the background. He looked back immediately, only to find the prince's puffy eyes , red nose, scarlet cheeks..

The same pond, same moon, same Jungkook, crying, looking ethereal as ever even when crying. Taehyung stood up instantly.

"Why did you cry, my prince?" Taehyung asked, worriedly, the same question

"Missing hyungie," Jungkook answered truthfully, breathing out as new tears streamed down his face.

Taehyung gulped. He couldn't let this happen; everything was wrong.

"Hyungie, don't you miss me too?" Jungkook desperately approached the elder.

He launched himself at the elder's chest. Taehyung's whole body trembled.

"I missed you, I missed you , I missed you , I missed you like hell, every day. I was waiting , waiting and waiting," Jungkook poured his heart out, while punching his tiny fist on the elder's chest, complaining.

Taehyung didn't hug him back.

"I don't know what you're saying, His Royal Highness," Taehyung said, breathing heavily.

"It's inappropriate for a royal to touch a commoner, His Royal Highness. I hope you understand," he added, signaling for the younger to detach himself, though his heart wanted to hold him forever.

"Hyungie, please, I beg you, stop being like this. I have suffered a lot. Please stop this suffering; my heart hurts," the prince cried.

Taehyung stood stoic. "It's inappropriate for you to hug me, His Royal Highness. You are going to marry Prince Minotasa ; he will misunderstand. I hope we can be professional," Taehyung said, breaking the prince's heart.

"Stop it, stop it, stop it! What should I do for you to stop behaving like this? Tell me what should I do? Should I kill myself and be reborn as a commoner so that you'll show me your love?" Jungkook shouted.

Taehyung's breath hitched.

"You said you'd marry me regardless of gender, then why can't you love me regardless of my status?" Jungkook shouted again, crying.

"I don't remember saying such a thing," he said in a monotone, not meeting the younger's eyes.

Jungkook couldn't believe the person standing in front of him was gaslighting him.

Jungkook took a deep breath.

"Okay then, I will marry Prince Minotasa , in front of your eyes," Jungkook announced angryly .

Taehyung's stoic face briefly showed shock, but it vanished , jungkook would have missed it if he was not looking in the eyes of the elder .

"And you may have forgotten everything we had, but," Jungkook added while approaching the elder's collar. He grabbed his collar, dragged elder's face toward himself, and crushed his lips onto the elder's lips. He kissed the elder deeply, pouring all his love and yearning into it, telling Taehyung how much he missed him. Tears mixed in the kiss. Unknowingly, Taehyung kissed him back, and Jungkook smiled through the kiss. Jungkook pulled back.

"I challenge you to forget this," Jungkook left the garden, leaving a broken Taehyung behind.

Jungkook cried and cried in his room; his lover totally denied his feelings. He knew that Taehyung loves him as much as he loved Taehyung, but he would never accept it. He knows the difference in their status is deeply rooted in Taehyung's mind, and he also knows how to get his mind in the right place and get him to accept his feelings.

And Taehyung shed his silent tears in the garden under the moon .

👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑

Comment Your thoughts my lovely readers