Percy

I wake up to see a woman standing over me, her blue eyes scolding and judgmental.

"Ack!" I scurry away from her, falling off my bed in the process. I winced at my stomach. "Who—what—why—" She clucks her tongue in disapproval.

"What do you want?" I asked, glaring at Elwin behind the two other elves. He shrugs apologetically, as if saying, "I couldn't stop them."

"Just some questions, Mr. Jackson." A dark-skinned elf with a blue thingy on his head steps forward. His eyes were a deep sapphire, with sharp features and shoulder-length black hair.

"What kind of questions?" I raised an eyebrow as I hop back into the bed. Elwin hurries over and flash different lights at my torso.

"Elwin, I'm fine." I told him, but of course it doesn't work. The elves went to the other side of my bed.

"I am Councillor Emery, and I—"

"Not another councillor!" I groaned. He glared at me but continued.

"We are here to discuss your rather interesting human record. And also, to see whether Ms. Foster was correct in your impenetrable mind." I tried hard not to roll my eyes. Seriously, why do these people think I'm a terrorist? I blow up a few buildings because of some monsters and there they go hunting me down. Awesome.

"First thing, how did you escape the highly guarded cell the Collective had you in?" He gave me a hard stare. I scoffed.

"You call that highly guarded? Please, I was able to get out of there in 2 minutes." I smirk, and Councillor Opal or what's-her-name from earlier face-palmed.

"He sounds like that Sencen boy, only worse." The Councillor Alina complained. Emery nodded, not saying a word.

"Second, Councillor Alina here says that you splashed her with water a few days ago. Is she correct?"

I decided to lie. "Nah, she slipped and fell. We were having a water fight, so of course the ground was slippery. Her fault." I snickered, imagining the elegant, snotty councillor slipping in the mud.

Alina was about to object when the blonde councillor interrupted her.

"He's not lying." Councillor Blondie-curls spoke up. I remembered that she was there, but she obviously hated Councillor Alina. Emery suppressed a smile while Alina fumed silently.

"Hey, are you an Empath?" I asked the blonde Councillor. She blushed. "How could you tell?"

"You're a living lie detector, Oralie." Emery smiled. "If you said, 'he's not lying', why wouldn't you be an Empath?" He turned back to me. "Now, Perseus—"

"Percy."

"Yes, yes, Percy. So, it says in your record that you have blown up the Arch. Any idea why?" He gave me the stare again. I shrugged.

"A kidnapper brought me across the country and then he went crazy on the Arch and blew it up." I responded. That was what everyone told me to say. 

"And how did you survive the fall? People say that you fell into the river there. Is that true?" I shrugged again.

"Medical miracle, I guess." I returned the hard stare. Oralie frowned. "He's not telling the truth."

Oh, snap. Sweat beads on the back of my neck. I gulped. Emery narrowed his eyes at me.

"Why aren't you telling the truth, Percy? Is there any reason why? Perhaps a secret you are not willing to tell?

"Oh, well, I don't like where this is going, so I'm gonna go. Bye." I gathered my strength and vapor-traveled out of the room.

I heard shrieks and shouts behind me. Distantly, Emery yelled, "Someone stop him!" and Elwin saying, "Hey, I haven't finished your check-up!" I searched for a safe place to Iris-message Annabeth and found a small stream where I could heal myself. I reformed and collapsed, barely making it to the stream. I touched the water, and it rejuvenated me. I found strength to sit up.

The mist from the stream created a little rainbow. I fished out a Drachma from my pocket and threw it towards the rainbow.

"O Iris, rainbow goddess, do me a solid and call Annabeth." The rainbow shimmered and showed a picture of Annabeth.

"Percy! Oh my gods, you scared me. Where are you? Why are you calling?" I rubbed the back of my neck.

"I sorta escaped the hospital because the councillors were interrogating me. I couldn't let Sophie get in trouble, and I don't trust the grown-ups as much." I explained.

"Where are you?" She asked, looking at my background.

"Somewhere near a stream. Outside of Foxfire, the school. Probably far away. I vapor-traveled."

"Percy!" She scolded. "You aren't fully healed yet! That was dangerous! And you're a little pale." She added. Feeling self-conscious, I touched my face. The image began to flicker.

"Be there right away, Percy. Don't get into trouble!" She waved and cut the connection. I stood up, feeling a little shaky, but unharmed. My wound was just a pale scar, so I unwrapped the bandages. I felt my pocket, taking out Riptide in case there was any monsters nearby. Or elves. I wasn't sure if celestial bronze would work on elves, but then I had my water powers. It was all fine. Or so I thought.

The ground started to shake, and two pairs of scrawny hands exploded from the ground and grabbed my ankles. I yelped, trying to shake them off, but jeez, these hands were strong. The ground cracked, and I saw two little things looking like gigantic moles crawl onto the forest floor.

"Perseus Jackson, you must come with us." The voice was scratchy and sounded dry.

"Are you with the Council or the Black Swan?" I asked nervously.

"We cannot tell." One answered. I gave them my wolf stare and smiled, letting some of the bloodlust through.

"Your voice sounds so dry! Have you been drinking enough water?" The mole creatures stared at each other, confused. I gasped in mock surprise.

"You should drink more water." I chided them. Gods, I sounded like Annabeth. "How about I give you a drink?" I raised my hands, and the entire stream rocketed towards them. They screamed and burrowed back underground. That was easy. Just then, the bushes rustled and Annabeth came staggering out.

"You Seaweed Brain!" She whisper-hissed. "The goblins are coming after us! We've got to—" She got cut off as I grabbed her hand and vapor traveled to a safer place.

A few moments later, we reformed in a snowy plain. She gasped and shivered. I started to regret coming here, but it seemed far away. The farther, the better. I cuddled with her as an icy breeze nipped my bare legs and arms.

"Do you want me to vapor-travel somewhere warmer?" My teeth chattered.

"No, Seaweed Brain. You're already pale—look!" She pointed to a pond next to us. I staggered over there and gasped as I saw my reflection. My usual tanned skin was a ghostly white. Heck, I almost looked like Nico. Only my cheeks were pink from the frost. My legs buckled as I tried to stand.

"Don't walk. I can set us up camp somewhere." She assured me and started looking around. I waded into the water, and it gave me the feeling of drinking too much espresso. I felt a little better, and I took a look at our surroundings. The fields were blanketed in snow, and there was a small clearing of pine trees nearby. Other than that, the field was completely silent and empty.

"Found a cave!" I heard Annabeth's voice at the trees. I quickly got out of the water and ran to the voice.

"This way." I saw her crawl in and followed. The cave was fairly large, with a low roof and about the size a janitor's closet. (Don't ask me why I know that. I just do :P) We curled up together and I closed my eyes.

[Thanks for reading, guys! Please vote and comment on this chapter and let me know what you think!]