3rd Person

[yeah, sorry for that cliffhanger last chapter. I just had to stop there because it felt right :P]

"Percy, no!" Annabeth cried as he lifted his hands. She dreaded what was going to happen.

"Some things have to be done, Annabeth." Percy gritted his teeth, a deadly aura surrounding him. His usual sea-green eyes were glowing eerily, like the color of swamp water right before a predator of the water leaps out for the kill.

"What are you doing, godling?" Polybotes sneered. "Your water powers only make me stronger."

"Everyone, step back!" Sophie warned. Percy's face became steely calm, the only sign of anger in his eyes.

Minutes ticked by, but it felt like hours to everyone watching Percy and Polybotes. No one even dared to breathe.

"Ha, see? You cannot touch me, weakling." He cackled. Percy's face scrunched with hatred. Pure hatred. Keefe winced. There were so many emotions going around he felt compelled to shout 'numb' once more, but he restrained himself.

Suddenly, Polybotes doubled over and roared. A twisted smile appeared on Percy's lips as the giant wailed and screamed, writhing as if his blood was on fire.

"Mercy, godling!" Polybotes sobbed. "I-I will never bother you again! I swear—"

"Shut up!" Percy hissed. "Mercy is nothing. Mercy is a weakness. I have made that mistake too many times, I won't make it again, Polybotes." He spat the name out like it was poison. Polybotes screeched as he clutched his heart, and boiling ichor ran down his mouth. Annabeth realized in horror that Percy was literally boiling the giant's blood. She let out an audible gasp as she recalled the showdown with Akhlys in Tartarus.

"Go to the Void, and never return, Polybotes. Or I will hunt you down myself and kill you in a much more painful way." Percy's voice was dangerously low. Apollo took that as his cue and shot a golden arrow at the giant's face. Polybotes whimpered—whimpered—and exploded into golden dust.

"Ugh..." Nico groaned from the floor. Percy immediately spun around, terror in his now normal colored eyes.

"Nico!" He rushed to his cousin. "What the Hades—"

"Stop using my dad's name as a curse word!" Nico grumbled. 

"Fine then." Percy crossed his arms. "What in the name of Poseidon's underpants happened?" Will quickly then burst into a rant about how his dad and him was able to heal Nico by using poems and haikus mixed with godly magic. Percy's head spun, and his vision went blurry.

"I think I need to sit down for this." He mumbled as he plopped onto the grass. Murmurs of amazement and confusion chorused throughout the demigods as they carried their wounded to the infirmary.

"I need to go." Will said quickly as he saw an injured camper limp towards him. "Take care of him, Neeks." His boyfriend waved.

"How are you feeling?" Nico asked anxiously. "You're...pale. Very pale." Percy touched his face self-consciously.

"I tend to do that when I overwork myself." He muttered. "Where's Annabeth?!" He looked around frantically.

"Over there." He pointed at the open-mouthed blonde still staring at Percy.

"Per—"

"Yeah, I know. I'm a monster. I'm scaring you." He looked away, tears pricking his eyes. "I'm—"

"You IDIOT! YOU USED YOUR POWERS AGAIN AND YOU'RE NOT EVEN FULLY HEALED!" She scolded him, hot tears streaming down her face. "AND—"

"Aghhh..." Percy clutched his head. "Wise Girl, I have a headache and you're not helping—" He collapsed onto the floor, turning paler than Nico thought possible. Well, he himself was an exception but this was the first time he saw someone as pale as himself.

"Nico?" Annabeth glanced at him in alarm. "What's happening?"

"He drained himself too quickly. Look, he's turning into vapor." He pointed to the smoke curling off of Percy's arms. "We need something—someone to heal him!" 

"Get him to Will!" She shrieked.

"Will's drained too. We can't risk anything else." Nico grimaced as he tried to lift Percy up bridal-style. "Oof, Kelp Face, you're heavy."

"Don't bother, Death Breath." Percy wheezed. "I'm fine. Just need some ambrosia—"

"You're dying, idiot." Nico snapped. "You're practically soaking my jacket with mist!" Percy glanced at Nico and grimaced. He was dripping water from the damp ends of his skull military-style coat.

"Why are you talking like this is a big deal?" Percy complained. "You did this last time too, after you carried the Athena Parthenos."

"That was different. I had to do it—"

"So did I!" Percy argued. "Polybotes was about to destroy the camp. I had to do it." Nico rolled his eyes.

"There you go, being all noble again, Perce." He grumbled. "Can't you be selfish for once?" Percy laughed, but the sound was slowly starting to fade and weaken.

"You're fading!" Annabeth gasped. "Don't you dare die on me, Seaweed Brain. Don't you dare." Percy didn't answer.

"Chiron!" Nico shouted. "Help—Percy's dying!"

"Again?" Chiron asked incredulously. "How many times has this child almost died this week?"

"Twice." Annabeth replied darkly. "It just keeps getting better and better." Chiron nodded and took Percy out of Nico's arms. 

"Any idea what the problem is?" He asked. Nico dragged a hand down his face.

"Percy pushed his limits and now he's turning into vapor like I did when I shadow-traveled 2000 miles." Nico said helpfully.

"Do you think unicorn draught would help like it did with Nico?" Will asked, entering the room. 

"Worth a shot." Nico uncapped a flash from his belt and unscrewed the lid. At this point, Percy was nearly transparent, looking like a ghost.

"Hurry!" Annabeth cried.

"I'm trying!" Nico said, dribbling the liquid down Percy's throat. Or, tried to. It just went straight through.

"What the—?" Nico jumped backwards in surprise. "Did he just—"

"I think he faded." Chiron said sadly. Annabeth had a river of tears sliding down her face.

"What happened?" Apollo stepped in the room. At one look at everyone's faces, he knew something was wrong.

"Uh oh." He frowned. "Did someone die?

"It's Percy..." Nico choked back a sob. "He faded." Apollo's tan skin paled, and Annabeth hugged Chiron's waist tightly, her muffled sobs filling the thick silence. Chiron patted her shoulder comfortingly, a few of his own tears escaping his eyes. Nico buried his face in Will's chest. 

"He was like a brother to me..." He whispered. Will stroked Nico's hair.

"I know." He closed his eyes. "He was for me, too."

[Alright, um, please don't kill me.

*dodges various weapons, arrows, rocks, and bananas*

don't worry. just trust the process aND DONT KILL THE AUTHOR PLS

voting time:

Dark!Percy Jackson betrayed fanfic (not cliche)

OR

Harry Potter and Percy Jackson crossover (also not cliche)

bai and again PLS DONT KILL ME

BAI]