Chapter Seveteen: Hampton Court

I smelled London before I saw it then I saw Odette scrunched her nose.

"It smells like shit."

"Odette"

I said with a teasing telling off but did not tell her off anymore and she just sighed and sounded like her father when she did but she was a young.
We arrived early morning, I made sure Odette was dressed properly before walking the bow of the ship and saw a small welcome party of Chancellor Cromwell and Lord Charles Suffolk with his wife Catherine and a few other Lords, making me smile at them which they returned but I could see the shocked look on Charles face when he saw Odette but he had not met her yet.

"Thank you for greeting us, may I present my daughter Lady Odette."

I said with a tease to Charles, he looked like a fish out of water before he snapped out of it then I turned to Catherine.

"I have heard so much about you and you are truly enchanting."

I said with a smile making her blush then we both embraced each other before pulling away then looked at Odette and bent down to her level.

"I have a son about your age."

"Boys are smelly."

Making us all chuckle but I could see all the men nodded at that seriously making us ladies laugh, I knew all these men would be protective of her which I was thankful for.

"You are quiet right Lady Odette, men and boys will be smelly for many years."

Said Charles with utter seriousness but I could see he wanted to smile more but stopped himself.

"The king has had your apartments refurbished and will be hosting a feast for you tonight."

I sigh at that because they know I hate it, which made them snort trying not to laugh at me.
I turn and see common folk looking at me in awe, I looked at Odette before she pulled out her purse as I did then walking to them and started offering coins and prayers making some bow and others offering their thanks.
What I did not notice was the look of awe on Cromwell, Charles, the lords and Catherine face because the people of England loved Adelaide and would always support her, they knew then and there that Adelaide would be the next queen of England and they needed to remove Anne and Jane Seymour.

Once I was done, I led Odette to the carriage before getting in, I looked out the window and started to wave at the folk and when someone regonised me and started shout for joy for Lady Adelaide.
I gave them a warm smile then looked and saw my Odette doing the same, I played with her curls then to Catherine who looked at us with a smile then talked to her about what was happening in court, I knew but I had to make it look like I didn't.
I told her of my childern and grandchildren which she loved and told me that she met my eldest and his wife along with their two sons who were always in Henrys favour much to the Boylens ire but left for Wales after a year because they were almost poisoned but Henry asked me to wait for my revenge and I would have it eventually.

We arrived at Hampton Court and I saw Henry waiting outside like an excited child and some of the court with him.
The carriage stopped and Charles opened the door, I insisted Catherine go out first before I offered my hand, I heard several people gasp and one faint, I looked at them with a smile.
I could see Henry flush a little looking at me but smiled then I turned and Charles helped Odette, once she was out i took her hand before turning to Henry who smiled even more and walked forward then we curtsey to Henry.

"Your gracefully Majesty."

I said with a smile before looking at the king with adoration.

"Lady Adelaide, welcome back to court and pri.....lady Odette."