28

Mari and Akeem had decided to have the gender reveal in mama's backyard. Audrey took the initiative to set up with a few decorations even though Mari had said it wasn't necessary. She put the chalk board up with consisted of three words girl, neutral, or boy. Everytime someone walked in they would have to put a tally under their choice. Standing back a little Audrey eyed the place in awe. She wasn't even an event planner but she did her big one.

"Can I go ahead and cut the cake it's been a hour" Mari said impatiently while holding Ava. Audrey wanted a fun reveal for her Tt baby so she had planned something cute.

"Hold on let me tell everybody to come out" Audrey made her way in the house before yelling to everyone making them come out.

They surrounded the table as Akeem who had gotten Ava and Mari made their way to the cake as his parents stood across from them.

"5 , 4 , 3 , 2 , 1"

Audrey recorded as they slowly cut the cake before removing the slice. "Where the gender?" Mari asked confused. "Fuck naw It has both colors I know it's not twins. It's twins????" Keem asked slightly yelling and panicking making everybody laugh while he sported a serious face.

"No it's not twins , the gender is here" she said leading her to a pull cake. Mari playfully pushed her cousin before heading over to the pull cake.

"Scared me for a minute" India said fake wiping her head and continuing her recording.

Mari and keem grabbed onto the plastic before placing Ava's little hand on the plastic as well. Audrey thought it was extremely nice of Kiya to let her attend just to find out Keem had threatened to shoot up her place of business.

"pull with us ok?"

"Ok daddy"

The trio started to pull the plastic while Mari read each card that was coming out loudly.

"What
Will
I
Be
Boy
Or
Girl
Let's
See
3
2
1
Check the oven"

"Man come on Audi" keem said fussing. He was on edge at the results. "Oh girl I got you for this" Mari said side eyeing her cousin making her laugh. Audrey knew they'd be annoyed at her constantly not giving them the gender.

The group had started to laugh and complain as that was the second attempt and still no gender had been revealed.

Audrey handed them three mini extinguishers "when we open the oven you squeeze this" she pointed to the squeezer "and the gender will show. Y'all ready?"

The couple nodded getting anxious. India grabbed onto Audrey's arm in anticipation.

"Alright count down for me yall"

"3"
"2"
"1"

Mahz opened the oven making the trio spray the extinguishers.

"I GOT MY BOY" keem yelled picking Mari up and spinning with her and Ava as soon as the color came out. "I got my boy!"

"I get a brother daddy!?" Ava asked excitedly. She had been going around telling everyone her daddy was giving her a brother even when she didn't know the gender.

All the men in the back yard seemed to go crazy as the blue protruded. Audrey hugged her cousin rocking side to side with her. She didn't care what it was she was just ready to shop some more. "We got us a little boy" she said as they pulled apart.

"I already know he's about to try and make him a Jr" Mari fussed while smiling. "Thank you so much for this Audrey. I didn't want any of this but you made it happen regardless. You're the sister I never had and I'm so grateful for you" she pulled her back into a hug.