Chp. 19 Crushes and Nightmares

A/N: Lily Collins will be portrayed as Evelyn Stewart.

*Maya's POV*

One, one, one...

Talkin' in my sleep at night
Makin' myself crazy
(Out of my mind, out of my mind)
Wrote it down and read it out
Hopin' it would save me
(Too many times, too many times)
My love, he makes me feel like nobody else
Nobody else
But my love, he doesn't love me, so I tell myself
I tell myself

One, don't pick up the phone
You know he's only calling 'cause he's drunk and alone
Two, don't let him in
You'll have to kick him out again
Three, don't be his friend
You know you're gonna wake up in his bed in the morning
And if you're under him, you ain't getting over him

"You know, you should become a singer someday."

I turned around to find josh shirtless, leaning beside the wall, watching me intensely. Feeling uncomfortable, I switched my attention to the eggs that were on the stove.

I could feel his eyes burning holes on my back.

"I made bacon, eggs, and some coffee. I'm going on a run and I will be back in a half hour." I informed him.

"Did you at least eat breakfast?" Wow he actually cares.

"I ate an apple, I'll eat after."

I checked the time to see it was 8:03, so I had time.

"Ok, thanks for the breakfast!"

"No problem!" I yelled, from the closet, picking out my outfit.

I figure I would take a shower, after I get back. I put on a jacket, since I checked the weather that it was a little chilly.

Riley: morning! I'm going on a job interview at Topangas. I'll call you after!

Maya: ok riles! Good luck ☘️

I grabbed my phone and earplugs, then tied my shoes up. I grabbed my water bottle, before saying a quick good bye to josh.

I blasted sorry not sorry, then started jogging. I usually go out on a run in the morning before school if I have time. It's helps me calm down and relieves stress and drama. I Love how the sun is just coming out, awaking from their sleep.

I love how the crisp morning cold air feels on my face. I love my hair flows with the wind. It also helps me with anxiety attacks. Keeps them from coming.

The next song, eyes closed came on by Halsey, as I started to jog faster. I closed my eyes, listening to the music, and running with the wind. I used my senses, that help me guide where I'm going going. My mom taught me that when I was little.