Chp. 29 Withhold

*Third Person's POV*

Another fall landing. It was probably the fifth time Maya fell out of the bed because of Riley's obnoxious kicking. It was like Riley is Maya's alarm clock. Every three hours she would wake up alarmed and find herself on the floor.

She rested her hand under her head while sighing. Deciding she had nothing better to do, she went to go get a shower.

After a long soothing shower, the time 7:30, Maya knew that Riley's parents would be up making breakfast

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

After a long soothing shower, the time 7:30, Maya knew that Riley's parents would be up making breakfast.

It occurred to Maya that there was still some time left until her shift started at Starbucks. Sometimes her shift is either in the morning, after college, or in the evening.

Yet it also occurred to her that Chris's shift doesn't start until 8:30.

Maya tipped-toed since Auggie was still sleeping in the next room. Before she barged in, Maya looked through the door crack to see they were still sleeping.

One thing that caught her attention was Chris's phone that was still plugged into the charger.

She flinched as soon as her hand made contact with the heated device. Maya needed to see if he had any other conversations with Josh but before she could go any further, the phone dinged. The sound caused a chain reaction between the boys and stirred.

"Maya, what are you doing here?" Chris murmured still in a daze from the sun blaring through the white sheer curtains.

"I was gonna wake you up. Your shift starts in an hour."

"Oh shit." Chris leaped out of the bed and into the bathroom.

Maya shook her head, while taking a glance at the sleeping josh.

Soon, everybody was at the table eating breakfast consisting of oatmeal. Well everybody but Riley. She was the last one to wake up and that was uncommon for her, especially her clothes.

"Riley, you okay?" Corey asked his daughter, not knowing what to do in this unexpected situation

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Riley, you okay?" Corey asked his daughter, not knowing what to do in this unexpected situation.

"Honey, did you even brush your teeth?" Topanga grimaced.

A simple, "No." came out of Riley's mouth as she started lazily eating her oatmeal, missing her mouth every few minutes.

This was uncommon for Riley. She never came down in her pajamas looking like a 'train wreck' in Maya's perspective.

"I'll take care of it." Maya smiled as she grabbed Riley from the arm and pulled her to her room.

"But i didn't even get to finish my breakfast." Riley pouted.

"Do you really want to eat that?"

Maya took the silence as a no and pushed Riley to the bathroom while grabbing some of her clothes, and throwing it to her. Not caring if it landed on the floor.

"Please be back smelling and looking decent."

She went downstairs to put her plates in the sink as everybody except Chris, who went to his job, went to the living room to watch the news.

Maya felt a presence near her and turned around only to find Josh pouring himself some orange juice.

"This is probably the second time I saw you going through somebody else's business. I advise you to stop before someone ends up getting hurt." That was that and he walked passed her acting as if nothing happened.

She gaped at him thinking that the first time he caught her, she got away by telling him a simple white lie at the motel.

Wouldn't confronting both of them just be easier? It's not like she's going to ruin anything. It's their choice to tell her the lie or the truth.

Although what's more confusing is Maya keeps wondering if- "Maya!"

Her train of thoughts were stopped and she went upstairs go find her best friend looking normal again.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Riles we need to go to the library."

"Why?"

"Because I need to show it to them."

---------

Tomorrow is New Years Eve and Maya can't believe that next year she's going to be living in a world full of lies. For her, it was still hurting deeply.

Her mom got married to Shawn, yet this could also change their relationship. It could also affect Shawn by undoing her adoption. Maya looked into it and it can happen.

She was afraid of the outcomes. She doesn't even know who's fault it is. Is it really anyone's fault? It can be Katy's fault but that's only because she didn't tell her, otherwise she probably didn't even know.

The copy of the paper was shoved into her jacket buried deep, just like her feelings. Maya shoved her hands in her jacket, her head held down while tiny droplets dripped on her head.

The humid, dewy, damp climate was a perfect way to define Maya's feelings.

Riley stopped asking her, 'Are you okay?' She always knew the outcome that caused her to also feel blues.

Tomorrow was New Years Eve and Maya came to a conclusion. She was going to end it before the New Year. People say that it's bad luck to start the New Year sour.

A/N: Hey loves,
Just a filler, nothing too special. Totally off topic and I know I'm really late, but just to put it out there, Jonah's birthday was on June 16, so Happy B'lated Birthday Jonah! Btw he's in Why Don't We. Don't be a silent reader! Remember to...

Vote

Comment

Share

Bye loves!