Chp. 28 Christmas Disaster Pt. 2

*Third person's POV*

"Maya, I seriously cannot believe you wouldn't tell me this sooner!" Riley yelled. She was frustrated at her friend for keeping such a big secret.

"Riles, I actually wasn't even sure. I didn't want to jump to conclusions."

They walked together through the buzzing streets of New York, hands in their jacket pockets. Even though it was four o' clock, there was always a crowd bustling within Greenwhich Hall.

"What are we going to do Maya?!" Riley cried out, "We should tell your parents. Although it's Christmas and I don't want to ruin it for them. But what if they already know and-." Riley stopped talking, as soon as she saw Maya quiet, while keeping her head down.

She put a comforting hand on her friend's shoulder, "Hey, you okay."

Maya sniffled then casually wiped her tears away while faking a laugh, "Why am I even crying?"

"Hey listen to me." Riley stopped Maya while putting her hands on her shoulder, keeping eye contact, "This affects you as much as this affects-."

"No." Maya cut Riley off, "I don't even want to say his name."

Riley sighed, "Fine but peaches, it's not his fault."

Maya stayed silent, as they kept walking. There was no point in lying that she wasn't fazed by this. What if-no she wasn't going to think about it. But she couldn't help but get her mind lost into that topic again and again.

Under the circumstances, she can't say anything about this right now. They're going to have to act as if nothing happened, because as much as she wanted to refuse, she knew that Riley was right and she can't make everybody else uncomfortable just for her to feel pleasure.

Although, there was a nagging feeling deep inside of her that there is more to this story. It's not the end, well she wasn't even sure if there was an end to this.

---------

"Okay, now all we have to do is get past this door and onto the couch and act like nothing happened." Riley whispered, as she as so silent closed the door.

They carefully got out of their shoes, and put their coats away making sure it was in the same place, so it wouldn't look like they had touched or used it.

As they were tip-toeing to the couch, a voice startled them from behind.

Maya knew the voice. She squeezed her eyes shut, as she tried to hold in the rage that's building inside of her. She wanted to unleash all her anger and be free from the prison that she's been held in. But she knew she couldn't do that to everybody especially to him.

She turned around and was face to face with her mother, Katie. "Where have you two been?" She asked, while crossing her arms and raising her eyebrow, "It's past four."

"We were just getting some fresh air." Riley answered for her.

"At four?"

"Yeah?" Riley coughed to make sure Katie didn't detect the question that was supposed to be a statement.

Although she didn't seem to believe it, she let it go...for now, "Okay, well you girls go take a shower and get dressed, everybody will be up soon. Merry Christmas." She smiled.

They let out a breath of air once they were in Riley's room, and Maya's mom was out of hearing distance. Maya gave a look to Riley, "Really, getting some 'fresh' air? There's nothing fresh about smoke still lingering in the air and liter on the streets. The only thing fresh about it is the fresh cigarettes people smoke."