Chp. 30 New Year's (Eve) Pt. 1

Secret. Not known or seen or not meant to be known or seen by others. Something that is kept or meant to be kept unknown or unseen by others.

Looks, locked doors, whispers, stares, and glances. That was Maya's life for the past few weeks.

The people she thought she trusted aren't worthy, or at least that's what she keeps trying to say so it won't hurt her.

Yet every once in a while she lets out a wretched heart-throbbing scream. How could she be so blind sided.

Time is near and so is reality. Only a few more hours and she has to do it, otherwise she's going to miss it and then again who wants to start off the new year with something bad.

Maya looked at the full-length mirror in Riley's room to see her blanked spaced reflection staring right back at her.

There were no more tears left to shed, it was exhilarating, exhausting, and overwhelming.

Could she be exaggerating? This news was surprising but at one point of her life she felt as if it was coming.

Maya didn't even know why she was stressing about this. Could it just be maybe her parents didn't tell her or they themselves didn't know?

Or could it be because underneath all of the darkness, this could possibly bring some light into her world and put a smile on her face and hopefully it will stay there.

Although that's what she's worried about. This is too good to be true and she has to build walls. Maya wants and needs to be ready for the unexpected.

14 more hours till the deadline.

***

Silence.

That was all there was between the group of the friends friendship that have started to slip out of their hands.

"Guys? What is this, cause this is not us." Riley pointed out.

She took a glance at everybody who kept quiet, not wanting to corrupt the awkward silence.

"Smackle and I have decided that we can't go to NYU anymore. Princeton gave us an option and we're considering it." Farkle said out of the blue while holding Smackle's hand.

Riley looked down at the floor, her hair draping over her shoulders, and creating a curtain from the world. She stared down long enough at the carpet beneath her socks and shoes, as she fiddles with the hem of her shirt.

 She stared down long enough at the carpet beneath her socks and shoes, as she fiddles with the hem of her shirt