Chapter 9

Lizzy's POV 

The twigs broke with each step I took. The sound of rushing water becoming louder by the minute. I climbed up onto my "thinking rock", at least that's what I named it so I could watch the water run by. 

The river was divided into two segments, my thinking rock dividing the two. On one side was rushing water which cascaded quickly into the ocean a few more yards East. The other side was blocked off my other rocks, making it more of small pond than a river. 

One side was stasis, the other moving quickly. 
A bit like how i'm feeling right now. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy that Phillip's back. But he left for 4 months, no notes, not letters, no anything to tell me that was alive. 

Four months of me thinking he was dead. That there was no hope at all. And then the baby happened.....

Oh god! I have to tell him about the baby. I completely spaced about that. What would he say? What would every say? If I tell Phillip, there is a big chance that everyone else would find out then they would all what to know and talk about it. And Phillip would want to talk about it as well....

This is more than just malice. I better stop and take stock while I'm sitting here stuck on the rock.  

All right, what do I want?
Have to make a decision. 

I gazed down to my reflection in the still pool. I had changed a lot in four months. My hair was shorter and now sat just above my shoulder, and my face was more defined I guess you could say. I'm not the same girl who I was. 

I don't really know who I am anymore. 

Ugh! I let my hand run through the pool, rippling away my reflection. 

What if he doesn't like who I've become? I know it is stupid to think about, but when you think about it does make a bit of sense. Four months can really change a person. 

Or, then, what does like who I've become?

But then how can you know who you are till you know.

And everything will collide! The baby and his absence and W.D's wedding which is like in a week. I don't even know what he was doing, where he was in that four months. 

Wait, though, thinking it through, things don't have to collide!
I know what my decision is which is not to decide. 

I'm probably not making any sense right now, but all I have to do is listen and try to make some sort of sense....

I ran my fingers through my hair, before jumping off my thinking rock. The hem of my dress, brushing the quick paced water that rapidly flowed into the ocean. 

****

Phillip's Pov 

She came back after 10 minutes, or so. Her short hair caught the light in a way which allowed the sun to weave itself into braids. 

She looked different from when I left, but that was to be guessed. 

"I want to know." Lizzy spoked slowly, "All of it". 

"I would except nothing more." I said with a small smile. I could see that she was tempted to smile back but stopped herself quickly. 

Of course she's hesitant . You just showed up out of the blue for the first time in four months I thought to myself. 

 I  gestured to the picnic rug that was on the ground. 

"Shall we sit?"