Chapter 23

She was choking to death. Her lungs were closing in, her eyes eyes dilated with a mix of pure white. Her body was trembling. She tried hard to breathe but it was impossible. She tried to speak, to beg for him to spare her life but no words came out.

Feeling tired, she let go of her hand from gripping his wrist and let it sway on her sides. She took all the strenght that's left within her to look at the person who saved her whenever she was in trouble, he was there, always, and even if it may cause his death, he would always be there to rescue her. How could she develop such weird feelings from a person she just met not so long ago and the mere fact that he was a vampire seems too impossible for her to feel that way towards him. Everytime she felt his touch on her, it sends tingles all over her body and a feeling of extreme happiness engulfs her and wants her to be closer to him. She felt safe when he's by her side. But now, he was badly beaten and he could die because of her being a weak stupid human. Why would he risk his life in saving a human like her? Did he felt the same towards her too?

Her thoughts were cut off when the last ounce of oxygen had left her and her body starts to become calm.

"ARRGGGHHH!!!!",there was a growl and then a crashing sound.

Her body fell on the floor but she was too numb to feel the pain. Big and small black dots were forming, her eyes wouldn't open, her body was frozen and she felt cold.

"I'LL KILL YOU!!! I'LL KILL YOU!!! I'LL KILL YOU!!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY MATE!!!",Lucas yelled kicking all the books that was getting on his way from Xyrus who was thrown on the other corner.

"I'M GONNA TEAR YOU APART! RIP YOUR HEAD OFF! CRUSH YOUR FCKNG HEART! BREAK EVERY BONE IN YOUR BODY AND BURN YOU ALIVE!!!",he yelled and punched Xyrus right at his face sending his whole head to be buried on the wall creating a huge crack.

Xyrus face was nowhere to be recognized. All that was there was blood. His right eye was crushed, his nose broken and so as his lips, some tooth fell, blood was oozing from his head down to his body.

"DIE!!",Lucas added another punch burying Xyrus' head deeper into the wall. "DIE!!!",another punch. "DIE!!!",another punch and with last one strongest blow, "DIEE!!!!",Xyrus head collapsed, his skull was shattered into pieces flying from every direction accompanied by his blood spurting painting the wall with dark red and his eyeball (from his remaining eye) rolled on the floor. Lucas stared at it for a moment before stepping on it, squishing it until it became liquid.

He was breathing rapidly. His body shivered. The monster that he was trying to tame wants more of this action, more blood bath, more death but an image of his mate flashed across his mind which calmed him down and he immediately went to her, caressing her soft cheek which was stained with blood.

Her pinkish complexion became pale and her eyes were closed. He cried staring at the bruised image of his lover. She was too fragile for she was a human. He hugged her as he cried. "Please breathe. Please come back. Please don't leave me. You need to know everything", he whispered combing her disheveled soft dark brown hair.

Thudtud....thudtud...thudtud..

His eyes widened when he heard the faint sound of her heartbeat. He laid her down on his lap as he leaned down to hear her beating heart. A gentle smile crept into his face as he stared at her and kissed her forehead.

He stood up carrying her in bridal style as he walked slowly down into the stairs to the first floor of the library.

Clap! Clap! Clap!

"Bravo! Bravo!",Odnam appeared right down the stairs leaning his elbow on the railing while clapping. "That was touching",he grinned.