ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 13

"TELL ME, YOU HAVE some good news," I said as soon I answered the call.

It's been a week now, and I'm staying at home mostly because I don't have many material things to do. Just mental pressure. No biggie.

"Good news is a subjective concept," Stefan answered immediately.

"Then tell me something I would like to hear and makes my day pleasant," I said "Like rainbows and unicorns, pleasant," I added as an afterthought.

"It may not reach your range, but Bonnie found the spell of that life force transfer, you talked about." He said, and I sighed, shaking my head. "So much for expecting," I thought.

"You suck, Stefan," I said, cutting the call, not wanting to listen anymore. I got up and went to the living room to see Isobel already there watching TV with her human pet, James beside her.

"At least you are having a good time," I grumbled, plopping beside her.

"What got you in the mood?" She said, looking at me.

"I just realized we are all going to die as soon as Klaus makes an entrance," I said. Both the Vampire and human turned to look at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Really? What's stopping him from ripping our hearts out?" I said out aloud.

Yeah. Really? Even though I am plotting a lot, what if he comes and stakes me without asking any questions and without hearing me out.

"You have the moonstone," Isobel said, "Isn't that your plan. Giving it in exchange for your freedom?"

"Well, the thing is no one knows I have the moonstone. And let's just say Klaus gets to know about it and takes it from me, then what? Do you really think that psycho will not kill me afterward? He spent 500 years obsessing over me. I don't think he will just leave me alone," I said, "The only thing that will keep me alive is if I put an end to him"

And both of them looked like I was crazy. I mean, I was self-pitying a minute go, and next minute I was talking about killing an immortal hybrid.

"Urgh! Nevermind. I need some blood," I said, going into the kitchen.

"You can drink from him," Isobel said, pointing at the human.

"Keep your pet to yourself," I said, taking two blood bags from the fridge.

I heard the doorbell and went to look at who it was and saw Caroline on the other side.

"Don't you have school?" I asked, opening the door with a sigh.

"It's Sunday," she said, stepping in like she owned the damn place.

"Blondie, don't you have a place of your own," Isobel asked as soon as she saw her.