ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 39

"HOLY SHIT! Is that Oliver Queen, or am I just seeing things?" Katherine whispered, amazed, looking at the person standing across the room

"What?" Klaus said, confused at the sudden change of conversation. He looked to see where the doppelganger was seeing and saw one of his hybrids he picked up in Florida. "Who? Brady?"

Katherine then realized Stephen Amell played a guest role in TVD before he played the lead role in the Arrow. "Oh! I thought it was someone."

"Yes! Oliver Queen, I believe," Elijah said. "May I ask who exactly he is to earn such a fascination?"

"A vigilante-slash-superhero in a TV show," Katherine said sincerely, and Klaus rolled his eyes.

"Can we discuss matters of little more importance," The Hybrid spoke in an impatient tone.

"Uh, yeah. So..." Katherine thought back to where she stopped, "...your mother took a drop of my blood, and will mix it in the champagne. So once you all drink it when you are about to raise the toast, you will all be bound as one."

"So, if one of us goes down, we all go along," Klaus completed, looking at his brother, sharing a look.

"Exactly. Esther is probably purifying my blood for it to be 'effective' as we speak." And the doppelganger couldn't help but roll her eyes at purifying, and quoting the word, effective.

"So, we don't drink the champagne," Elijah said and earned a scoff from Katherine.

"And put a red light over your heads?" Katherine spoke in a sarcastic tone.

"Then what do you propose?" Elijah asked, ready to take any input at this point. Klaus decided to hear out, as well.

"You have two options," Katherine said, seeing both Klaus and Elijah are really asking advice from her. "One, you drink it and make her believe everything is going according to her plan. And tomorrow, just around the full moon, she will start the ritual, and ask the spirits for an extra boost. You find Sage before then and try to lure Finn to your side, and stop him from sacrificing himself, or break the link Esther has with the dead witches by turning one of the living witches into a vampire."

"And the second option?"

"You drink the champagne and turn your mother before she can link you all."

"Excuse me?" Elijah said thoroughly baffled at her idea.

They were all speaking in low whispers until then, standing far away from everyone present at the ball. But the "Excuse me" from Elijah resulted in turning a few heads in their direction.

Klaus stepped a little close and looked in Katherine's eyes, trying to figure if the doppelganger was joking. "You really want us to turn our mother... the Original Witch into a vampire."