ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 42

THE FIRST THING I SAW when I woke up was Enzo's face so close to mine that I punched him in the face on a reflex, and scrambled back a bit, letting out a yelp and hitting my head into the headboard in the process.

"Fuck!" I swore for being that startled in my morning haze. I completely forgot about the rescue and massacre I partook in the other day for a second there.

"Bloody hell!" Enzo cursed, setting back his broken nose. "You've got a mean punch, gorgeous."

"What the fuck are you doing in my room?" I cried out.

"I am waiting for you to wake up, of course," Enzo said as if it was so damn obvious.

"Why?"

"You told me to hold off my fight until you have a good night's rest, remember?" Enzo reasoned. "And now that you had your beauty sleep, I am gonna go get my revenge on my old friend." And in a blink, he was gone, and there was a scream from downstairs, making me groan.

One peaceful, nonviolent day is all I ask. Is that too much to ask in this stupid world.

I made my way downstairs, still clad in the oversized tee I wore to the bed other night, hearing another shriek. I stood at the bottom of the stairs as I witnessed the scene in front of me. Damon was tied to a chair, which I think Enzo had tied him to even before he got into my room. Although, I am still surprised Enzo waited for this long.

I slept, suspecting a debate and argument between the two vampires. But Enzo stayed silent the whole time after we got home, not responding to any query from a stunned Damon. And once the raven-haired vampire decided he won't get any answers from Enzo, he turned towards me as the next best thing, but Enzo just snapped Damon's neck and calmly looked up to me, saying, "Go on, Love. Take a nice hot shower, and sleep the day off. I will take care of Damon for now. We are gonna have a busy day tomorrow."

So, I reckon he is just snapping Damon's neck since last night, not giving him a chance to wake up.

"A little help here?" Damon asked me with a haggard expression, his hand was in a weird shape, and it was healing in the same way. He probably has to break it once again to heal it properly, I thought as I gave him a once over. There were also a few cuts and gashes on his arms, wrists, and cheeks, and the whole room smelled like vervain, and so I presumed the British Vampire dipped the blade in the vervain stack I kept in the kitchen before he got to work.

"Can you not kill him, Enzo," I said with a grimace as Enzo broke yet another bone. "I kinda like him, and I really don't want to answer all the awkward questions his brother and girlfriend will have for me."

"It's quite hard. But I will try for you, gorgeous," Enzo smiled charmingly at me and turned back to his work, while I just shrugged my shoulders at Damon, stating, that's all I can do for you, buddy.