ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 26

GETTING A GINORMOUS amount of memories and knowledge of a 500-year-old vampire in one single go is not something I would recommend to try. It felt like a dozen tons of bricks dropped on my head. I am sure my brain would've collapsed if I am a human after that amount of expansion in my brain activity. However, my only worry in the whole thing was, what if Katherine takes control of her body now that her memories are back. I mean, the same thing happened with Rebekah when she is possessing Eva Sinclair and also with canon Katherine when she decided to take Elena's body for a ride. What's to say the same thing won't happen again?

I really don't know how to feel about the new development. Sure the memories and speaking new languages are useful if I meet someone from Katherine's past or even Nadia when I meet her. But who's to say the memories will not change me completely into original Katherine as time goes by. I sighed harshly and got up from the bed. I took the phone that's sitting on the nightstand and called the only person I could talk to.

"Hello, Catherine," Melantha answered after the sixth ring.

"Hello, Melantha. How are you?" I spoke in a perfect greek accent and chuckled when I heard a pause on another side.

"Now, that's something I didn't expect," the old witch said in fluent Greek.

"Me either," I said, trying out the new well-versed language, "I had a witch do the spell to undo my compulsion, and then I woke up half an hour later with all the memories of the original body. Now I know Greek fluently...along with eight other languages."

"Well, then that's a good thing, right?" The witch asked, confused about why I am not happy. "You now know who your friend and foe is."

"I don't know," my voice was small, "What if the original soul takes control of this body or what if I turn into her slowly without even knowing?"

"agapite mou," Melantha said fondly, "You are overthinking this like everything else. I am sure it's nothing. The same thing that sent you here must have locked the memories, and the spell is probably undone after the spell you did yesterday." [my dear]

"Well, that's what people with paranoia do. They think too much. They think ahead, behind, and sideways." I muttered. "They think everything."

"Fine. Let's go in your angle," The old witch muttered on the other end. "Think of a memory. Something painful. You said the girl's parents were killed, right? Think about it, or the time when her daughter is ripped away from her before she could even hold her."

I didn't know where the white-haired witch was going with it, but I followed her commands anyway. I selected the two memories from Katherine's subconscious.