ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 30

KLAUS MIKAELSON HUNG UP the phone, sighing mentally.

He finally created two dozen hybrids who will be sired to him for eternity. He had a constant supply of human doppelganger's blood that could help him in creating an army. The Mikaelson Mansion in Mystic Falls is coming along beautifully and will be ready in a week at most.

Just when he thought everything was going well in his life for once...

Mikael, his father, has seemingly killed Elena Gilbert and is now running amok the living, waiting for his bastard child to come out of the hiding - just to drive the bloody white oak stake through Klaus' heart.

Klaus has been waiting for this moment for a while now, of course. Though he didn't expect it to be this soon. But he is prepared this time...after all these centuries of running. Now that he has an army of hybrids at his beck and call - may be, there is a chance for him, after all.

Even though he was hesitant to believe Katerina's word at first, he then figured there was no reason to. She wouldn't think of betraying him, not after the mercy, he showed her. Katherine Pierce was many things, but stupid was not one of them. The chances of her waking up Mikael as an act of vengeance are zero to none. Klaus spent a week with the younger vampire to appreciate how her mind works.

Well, not completely, if he were honest, but the hybrid understands her genius brain enough to realize she won't wake up The Destroyer - the whole supernatural community fears after gaining the freedom she longed for so far...that too knowing how well Klaus reacts to the threats against him.

But as a person who experiences a crippling sense of paranoia, he wanted to make sure. And when he received no reply from any of the three hybrids that were assigned to protect his doppelganger in Mystic Falls, and by the time the fourth finally picked up the call, he couldn't hear anything other than the sickening crack of the heart being ripped out followed by Mikael's cruel laugh.

Well, Mikael is definitely in Mystic Falls. And, if Katherine and the Mystic Falls gang are in on this, he will just have to kill them all along with his father.

Klaus thought about the doppelganger's advice; he turned around and looked at his warlock, Maddox, behind him, and ordered, "Prepare everyone. We are leaving for Mystic Falls," his smile turned into a devilish smirk, "There is no need to keep my father waiting."

Maddox, with his hands behind his back, nodded his head once and turned around to leave. However, he paused in his second step and looked over his shoulders with a slight frown, contemplating.

When Klaus lifted his eyebrow in question, Maddox hesitated a bit before blurting out, "Did she just call you a douchebag?"

The Original Hybrid gave his warlock a devil's eye, and said, "Among many other things...yes. I suggest you never bring it up again if you wish for your limbs to remain intact."