~ 4 ~

Author Pov

Taehyung was sat on a table with some colleagues who had become very good friends, Hoseok, Jimin and Jin.

They were chatting away their sleepy heads in the early hours of the morning before work began. Just a little catch up session to cheer one another up.
Usually it was Taehyung and Hoseok who were hyping them up but this morning Taehyung just seemed out of it.

"Hello?! Taehyung where has your head been this whole time!" Jin shook his hands in front of Taehyung's face jerking his attention back.

"I'm right here," he yawned sleepily propping his head up by resting his chin in his hands. "Just, super sleepy."

"I can see that but you better snap out of it. Namjoon wasn't in a good mood this morning." Jin sighed.

"Why?"

"Oh basically he asked me to make his breakfast but last night I caught him chatting on his phone and he wouldn't tell me who it was. So I purposely made the fried egg spicy and now he's mad." Jin chuckled nervously. "Sorry he'll probably be giving you a hard time today."

Taehyung pouted in disbelief. Namjoon was always a wonderful boss but in his bad moods you had to be super careful.

"Okay." Taehyung pat his cheeks numerous times before getting up from the table. "I'll see you guys here lunch?"

"Taehyungie you're going already?" Jimin asked.

"Yeah there's only 15 minutes left I'll probably pop to the loo on the way."

"Okay take care!"

Smiling brightly Taehyung said goodbye and set off down the corridor. On the way he bowed politely to his seniors.

Just as he reached the toilets he went straight to the tap and splashed his face with water.

"Ah, i-it's really c-cold-" he struggled to breathe until he finally overcame the shock of the cold water.

"Of course it's cold, you turned the cold tap on dimwit."

Taehyung hesitantly brought himself to look into the mirror, and indeed what he'd expected was evident.
The entire night was restless for him; his imagination went completely wild beyond his control and he found himself fearing what he'd just encountered. A ghost? A spirit? But he looked so human, what was he?

Now that he stared through the reflection at this person he didn't feel as afraid.

"What are you? Why can't everyone see you? Are you even alive? Have you been sent to take me to hell or something? Answer me!!!
ANSWER ME!!"

The sound of a flush echoed through the washroom, the lock unlocked and out came a rather disturbed elder man. Without breaking contact with Taehyung and giving him a look as though he was crazy, the man washed his hands, dried them and hurried out.

"Ugh I'm going crazy! Everyone's gonna think I'm crazy! Here I am actually trying to talk to a ghost haha, hahaha."

"Stop with the creepy laughter. I'll explain, umm when do you get off work?" Jungkook asked.

"Today I think it'd be around 8 tonight... wait why do you wanna know?"

"I told you I'll explain then."

"Right. You better explain everything to me without missing out a single detail understand! The last thing I want is to realise I'm a psycho."

"Haha okay."

Satisfied with the thought he'd be getting answers, Taehyung fixed his appearance and stabilising himself he walked out.

Though he kept walking he felt he was being followed and he was right.

Jungkook kept sure to constantly tail Taehyung wherever he went. It took forever to find Taehyung, he couldn't afford to lose him.

At first Taehyung seemed unbothered, but every time he turned around the ghost thing would give him a smile and wave. It was beyond creepy and at one point Taehyung found himself screaming out,

"STOP FOLLOWING ME!"

Shit they're all gonna think I've lost it now.

He cheesily smiled at the workers who were stunned by his outburst, and hiding his face he hurried to his boss' office.

I fucking hate you ghost.

Have a good day 💜💜💜