Happily

I took a deep breath, then slowly let it out.

Today was the day.

Today ARMY would meet me as Taehyung's soulmate.

It had been just over a year now since we met that first time at the fansign, after the best concert ever. Since I had come to Korea I had been to all of their concerts with a free backstage pass, as Tae didn't want me hidden in the crowd where he didn't know whether he would be able to find me or not.

Now I stood backstage yet again, this time with a stylist double checking to make sure my stage makeup hadn't been smudged or anything. I would far rather have gone on bare-faced, but the boys told me all about how stage lighting washed out even the most defined features without makeup, so I had consented. After all, I needed to make  good impression on ARMY right?

I breathed in, then slowly let it out again.

Emily and RJ were standing not far behind me, and when I turned to look at them they were smiling and waving, silently cheering for me.

We had met after a concert in America, and now I would meet ARMY at a concert too.

I was so nervous.

Namjoon had volunteered to write a special song just for us, but we had already agreed on one that felt perfect.

Yeah, we were going to sing together. I had the opening lines, and I was about 3 minutes from the first notes. 3 minutes from no turning back.

But that wasn't quite true really. It had been to late to turn back the day we met, when our first words had tattooed themselves onto our wrists.

Breathe in, slowly let it out.

I went over the song to myself one more time, letting the beautiful lyrics pour through me.

And then I heard Tae.

"HELLO ARMY!"

Army roared in response, and I smiled hearing their love for Tae. For my soulmate. Would they love me too? Or would they see me as someone in the way of their own love for Tae?

I glanced back at Em and RJ again. Who would've guessed that her birthday present to me would turn out so incredibly well? She joked often that she was afraid to get anything else for me, because she would never match the level of that present again.

Breathe in, let it out.

It had been so sweet of Tae to practice his speech in English for ARMY.

"ARMY, you've been asking me lately why I look so happy. You say that you are happy because I am smiling so much. Do you still want to know what is making me so happy?"

ARMY was screaming, and "Yes!" was obviously their answer.

I smiled, peeking out onto the stage, but not so that I could be seen.

There was Tae, mic held to his chest, waiting for them to quiet down. The way the light hit his hair, it shone so brilliantly. His skin practically glowed, and I found my hand travelling to my own face, wondering if the make-up artist had made my skin as radiant. Surely it couldn't be though?

"ARMY. About a year ago, at this venue, I met somebody very, very special to me. I want you to meet this person here, like I did. Would you like that?"

They cheered, and the lights dimmed so that nobody could see the stage.

That was my que.

Touching the mic secured to my ear, I slipped out on stage.

As I began singing, a spotlight faded in around me.

It felt like ARMY gasped.

During the whole song, Tae and I worked towards each other, following a simple choreography that Hobi had helped us with.

He stared at me, smiling.

I couldn't help smiling back.

By the end of the song, we reached each other, and we turned together to face ARMY.

"ARMY!" Tae called, and they cheered in response, though it faded quickly.

"ARMY! Please accept us together. This is Y/N, and she's my soulmate!"

My face went pink, and ARMY cheered.

I loved being part of ARMY, but I was so glad to get out of the spotlight.

.

.

.

.

.

I stood backstage, scrolling through ARMY's tweets since Tae's and my performance.

There were some hate comments, but most of them were supportive of me and Tae,  and there was even a chat group discussing ship names for us.

That one made me smile.

I showed it to Tae when he got back, and we commented from BTS account saying which one we liked.

The chat, of course, went crazy, and somewhere in there somebody asked for a picture of our soulmate tattoos.

Tae smiled.

"Is it ok with you?"

I smiled back.

"I'm ok with it if you are."

So we took a picture. Palms up, arms next to each other.

Tae didn't seem satisfied with it though.

"I know!" he exclaimed, and he put my hand into his, still palm up, and meshed our fingers together.

He clicked a picture from a little higher, and before he posted it he flipped it so that our joined hands were at the bottom of the picture, our arms spread apart some to form a "V".

We posted it.

Hi readers! I'm so sorry I took so long to post, here's a cute update for all of you who have been so patient with me. I love you all! Please forgive me for my long absence and continue to support me!!