Up all night- Rafe

I glanced over at my phone, checking the time. The low lit screen read 2:36 am and as exhausted as I was, I just couldn't sleep. My body wanted to rest but my brain didn't agree. I had tossed and turned most of the night trying to get comfortable but everything failed.

As I laid on the hammock outside the chateau, I had an idea. I stood, going inside and grabbing my bag, trying not to wake anyone.....getting in my Jeep and heading over to figure 8. As I got closer, I parked across the street to make sure I didn't wake anyone. I got out of the car, heading for the glass door.
I attempted to turn the doorknob, it was locked but I knew where the spare key was...once I retrieved it, I headed inside.

I walked up the stairs and down the hall very quietly. My phone light was pointed at the shit door so I could see. I opened the door, stepping in I closed it behind me.

"Rafe?"
I whispered into the dark room.

I heard nothing but silence so I walked over to his bed side. My eyes were adjusting to the dark, I saw a figure laying in the bed, snoring lightly. His hair was tousled and his body was relaxed...which was pretty rare for him.

I touched his shoulder, leaning down and whispered. "Rafe, wake up..."

Rafe stirred slightly before opening his eyes, shocked by me standing in front of him.
"Y/n? What are you doing?" He whispered back, his voice so deep and raspy from his previous sleeping state.

"I could sleep..."
I said, pulling the covers back and taking the spot next to him. He welcomed me by scooting over and wrapping his arm around me..spooning me. His warm body comforted me, his heart beat made me feel at ease.

"Anxiety again?"
He asked, placing a kiss to my temple and playing with my hair.

"Something like that.." I shrugged turning around to face him. Looking into his eyes.
"Is it weird that I came? Like I can leave if you want.."

"No, babygirl. It's fine."
He took my hand and placed it to his mouth. Kissing my fingertips.
"I told you if you ever needed me, You could come over, no matter what."

I smiled...
"Even at three in the morning?"
I laughed a little.

He nodded, smiling, placing his hand on the side of my face..
"Yes, baby, even at three in the morning."

"I probably should've called, anyway. It's kinda weird, ya know. To show up and sneak into your house and-"

"Baby, it's really okay. I want you here. It's okay, don't overthink it, I'm glad you came."
He cut me off.

I nodded.
"You promise?"

"I promise, y/n."
He kissed my lips.
"Get some sleep, okay."
His arms gripped me firmer, pulling me closer. I relaxed in his embrace, closing my eyes...listening to his breathing.

He stroked my hair and my mind began to go numb. "Goodnight baby, I love you." He whispered into me hair.

"I love you too"
I whispered back before succumbing to my tiredness from the day before...

_________________
Thank you so much for 8k reads! I'm so grateful and looking forward to more fun! Leave me some request in the comments! Don't forget to vote. 😜💚