25. Starlight

Robin's POV

Time had been passing by quickly ever since Robin moved in with Peter. It had been six weeks already, six weeks filled with fun. Robin already couldn't imagine life without the three of them, it really felt as if he had a family. He loved them like they were family, and they loved him like he were family.

One time, during dinner, Felicia suddenly blurted: 'Robin is like a second daddy.'

Robin had been at loss for words for several seconds, before protesting: 'No I'm not, I'm just-'

'Yeah, on second thought, you're not.' Felicia reconsidered. 'You're more like a mommy.'

After dropping that statement, she had just continued eating, leaving Robin a blushing mess, but when he looked at Peter, the older had snorted, but he did not have the actual guts to look Robin into the eyes.

Robin had spent some time trying to learn Korean in secret, hiding it from Peter and Felicia in hopes that Peter would forget about the entire challenge and as the airhead that he was so Robin could win and wouldn't have to sleep in the same bed ad Peter for a month. As much as he liked the man, he just didn't think he would survive that. Whenever he woke up with his hand in Peter's hand, he was startled to death for the first few seconds. Even though it does feel ni- not nice. It doesn't feel nice, and Robin doesn't like it.

He wasn't used to it and shouldn't get used to it either.

He has also been learning Korean for Alexander, whose group was going to debut soon, a moment he had been anticipating in these past few weeks. Since for him it meant that he would get to see Pilsang more. Even if it was only on his phone screen.

Alexander had told Robin that he produced a few of the songs in the albums, and even though he had claimed the rights for most of these songs, like Carpe Diem, he had left the title track for Dreamscape, since he had put in a lot of effort together with Sungjae and he would be disappointed if that went to waste. Plus, he wrote Pilsang's lines.

____________________________________

And now, the day had arrived. The fifteenth of June. Fortunately, it was Robin's free Thursday again, so he left the house right after dinner, since the debut was set for 6PM in Korea, which was 8PM in Melbourne.

'I want to watch it too.' said Felicia to Peter, looking at him with puppy eyes. 'Can I stay up that late, daddy? I promise I'll go to sleep right after that.'

Peter laughed and ruffled her hair. 'Sure, let's watch that Pilsang dongsaeng he's been talking about so much.'

Oh crap.

'Daddy, you can speak Korean!' Felicia shrieked.

'Being able to say "dongsaeng" is not being able to speak Korean though.' Peter said in Korean. 'But you are right.'

Well, at least I can understand him, right? Robin thought to himself

'Ah shibal, now I can't gossip about you two anymore.' Felicia sulked in Korean.

'Felicia!' Robin and Peter reprimanded her in unison.

'I did not raise you this way.' said Peter sternly. 'Go wash your mouth and don't utter that word ever again.'

'She's spent way too much time with that Jaeyong-oppa.' Robin said through gritted teeth, agressively rolling up his striped sleeves, but then he stopped and looked up at Peter. 'Wait, so...'

'You and I both understand Felicia.' Peter stated.

'So who learnt it first?'

They looked at each other. Robin blinked innocently. 'No prize for you.'

'Half a month..?' Peter tried.

'Nope, bye!' Robin hurries away. 'Good luck getting those awful cuss words out of your daughter's vocabulary!'

___________________________________

Alexander was full on sobbing at the first second of the MV, which was called Starlight. Pilsang, being both the visual and the main vocal, was the first to appear and Alexander sobbed: 'That's my boy, Robin. That's my boy!'

Pilsang was indeed handsome. From the few seconds before another member cut through, Robin could see that he had defined features and piercing yet soft eyes, and the way he moved was mesmerizing.

'I don't wanna cry, my vision is blurry now.' Alexander mumbled, wiping his tears, but immediately failed at his attempt to not cry when Pilsang started singing and the subs read:

"I am running every moment of my life
Guided by the starlight that is you
The light at the end of this tunnel, the one who shows it to me is you
You are my starlight, my starlight"

Listening to Pilsang's soft yet powerful voice, holding so many emotions in it, Robin's thoughts glitch to Peter for a second. After all, Peter does give him hope and will to live, and is his light in dark times. And the kids of course. All three of them meant the world to him.

Peter, David and Felicia were his starlights.

The thoughts startled him a bit, because usually he would associate stars with his mom and feel a bit sad. But maybe now, even though he still misses his mom, he is starting to move on from his grief for real, starting to live again, guided by his starlight that is Peter.

And his kids, of course.

__________________________________

Just admit it, we're all Alexander when our favourite K-pop boys drop an MV lol.

Which MV did you cry the most at? (also for the non K-poppers lol)

This was mine, I sobbed like a literal child.