CHAPTER FORTY-THREE

╔═════════════════╗
WOLF BOY
╚═════════════════╝

╔═══════════╗
chapter forty three
╚═══════════╝

❝ HÜLYA
ᴀ ᴅᴀʏᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʙʀɪɴɢs ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇss ❞

THE GROUP MADE THEIR WAY BACK DOWN INTO THE VAULT, BUT THIS TIME WITH THEIR OWN VERSION OF THE NECKLACE. cassidy felt like her anxiety was radiating off of her as they stopped right before the words inscribed on the arch.

"so, who wants to do the honors?" randall questioned, holding the necklace up. cassidy kept her eyes away from him as she grabbed onto liliths hand for comfort. lilith was quick to squeeze cassidys hand in her own as hamish sighed. "okay. here we go."

randall dropped the necklace into hamish's hand and the older boy quickly put it around his neck. before hamish could go in, randall turned to jack. "didn't you say something about... holding hands?"

jack, getting the point, nodded. "as we pass under the inscription, we have to." cassidy looked over at the boys. "i told you all that the first time and no one listened. this is why the groups number one rule should be listen to cassidy because when we don't shit goes down."

lilith moved close so only cassidy could hear her. "i listened, don't worry." cassidy smiled gratefully before looking next to herself at hamish who had stuck his hand down for the girl.

cassidy put her hand in his as the boys all connected hands. lilith squeezed cassidys hand tighter and when the blonde looked to her friend, lilith quickly spoke. "it's not cause i'm scared."

randall nodded. "yeah. it's protocol." hamish quickly agreed. "exactly. protocol. nothing else." cassidy bit her lip. "i mean i know i'm nervous."

jack turned to his friends. "it's gonna work, you guys. magic heist." everyone quickly responded with magic heist before they walked in together very slowly.

HAMISH'S DRINK SLAMMED DOWN HARD ON THE TABLE, CAUSING HIM TO FLINCH. it didn't work and now this time instead of near randall, cassidy let jack sit between the two.

she had seen the fear once more. she knew it would happen again, but this time, she spoke to her fear more than just the parental one.

she spoke to the one with lilith and randall. listened as they told her how she's the reason neither was ever happy, because she was always in their way of being together. she had tried to block it out, but even covering her ears didn't stop the noise from getting through.

cassidy had made the choice to sit farther from randall when he had touched her hand and all she wanted to do was hold it to her chest. she knew it wasn't his fault, but she couldn't get some words out of her head and needed some time to come back to reality.

"anyone got a plan C?" jack questioned, causing both randall and hamish to put their heads down on the table, hard.

cassidy looked down at her hands and watched as they shook. she tried to will them to stop, but, the more she thought about stopping them the more they uncontrollably continued.