CHAPTER FOUR

╔═════════════════╗
WOLF BOY
╚═════════════════╝

╔═══════════╗
chapter four
╚═══════════╝

❝ DUENDE
ᵗʰᵉ ᵐʸˢᵗᵉʳⁱᵒᵘˢ ᵖᵒʷᵉʳ ᵒᶠ ᵃʳᵗ ᵗᵒ ᵈᵉᵉᵖˡʸ ᵐᵒᵛᵉ ᵃ ᵖᵉʳˢᵒⁿ ❞

CASSIDY LOOKED DOWN AS HER PHONE BUZZED. she was meant to help kyle and alyssa with the new neophytes so she quickly hurried to the meeting spot.

she ran over to kyle and alyssa who both already had their cloaks on. "you're late, cassidy." spoke kyle obviously trying to intimidate her.

"sorry it'll probably happen again." responded the girl as she took the robe from alyssa and quickly threw it on before placing her mask on.

"let's just get this over with." sighed kyle once all three of them where ready. the three walked towards where they told the neophytes to wait.

cassidy watched as jack and another boy stood farther away from the group who were sending the two dirty looks. she also noticed that weston wasn't there.

he had been found dead the night prior and no one really knew how it happened, but all cassidy knew was that his death opened up the spot for jack to try and get into the order.

they all continued their conversations before kyle yelled, "silence!" everyone turned towards the three in shock and a bit of fear.

"subservience. observance. you are no longer students. you are neophytes. less than nothing. seven are summoned, three will be selected." explained kyle before cassidy held up a coin.

"find the coin. take more than one, and we will know." she quickly did a bit of magic to make the coin switch into her other hand as all the neophytes looked at the trick in wonder.

"reveal the location to the others..." she continued as she magicked the coin into alyssas hand. "and we will know," finished cassidy.

she looked over and saw jack, he was staring right back at her as if he knew it was her but wasn't one hundred percent sure.

"find the coin by night five. you have 24 hours." explained alyssa before jack turned his attention to her, "alyssa?"

cassidy had to keep herself from looking at alyssa once she heard jack say that. "you're free to go, neophytes." stated cassidy before she, kyle, and alyssa all walked away.

once they were far away enough and knew no one followed them, the three all took their masks off and cassidy turned to alyssa, "he knew it was you."

kyle looked between the two younger girls, "how does he know you alyssa?" she stuttered a bit, "um, he was in cassidy and i's tour... and i think he met cassidy earlier too."

"thanks for throwing me under the bus geez." mumbled cassidy as kyles glare turned to her. "did he recognize your voice too?"

cassidy shrugged, "no clue. he was watching me as i spoke but so where everyone else. it isn't a big deal anyways, either he gets in and finds out anyways or he doesn't and gets dusted."

kyle nodded, accepting the answer before shooing both girls off.

CASSIDY WALKED INTO THE BLADE & CHALICE LATER THAT EVENING TO HANG OUT WITH LILITH AND HER FRIENDS. as she walked in, one of the neophytes walked past her without batting an eye.

cassidy looked around for her best friend but instead made eye contact with gregory. he smirked a bit at the girl before going back to his conversation, leaving her to continue her search.

she walked to the back corner of the blade & chalice and smiled once she saw the back of her best friends head.

cassidy quickly walked over and jumped over the couch next to lilith. she smiled at randall and hamish as lilith smiled a bit at cassidy.

"hey cass didn't know if you'd make it." smiled randall as cassidy shrugged, "yeah i decided to give this little get together a chance."

lilith smirked, "good thing you did or you'd be needing to sleep with one eye open for leaving me with these dummy's."

hamish frowned, jokingly, "don't put randall and i in the same category, he's the idiot not me." cassidy laughed a bit as randall looked at hamish hurt.

"boys boys you're both pretty." sighed cassidy with a small smile as the rest of the group chuckled a bit.

the rest of the night all cassidy did was laugh and joke around with people she'd grow to be super close with. it was nice for the girl to get a little break to be a college kid before the craziness of the year begins.

AUTHORS NOTE !
i didn't know how to end that lol oh well but vote and comment and tell me what you thought! <3