day 9

3rd pov

The three pro heroes head over to the todoroki house as said the day prior.

They were on their nerves for sure, scared to see how much they had missed up when todoroki was still in his first year of 1a or even before that.

Aizawa was feeling the same thing he did when a few years back bakugo approached him to tell him about todoroki.

The guilt.

The regret.

He remembered the unescapable emotions he had felt back then, back when his student died, back when he couldnt do anything about it. With endeavor gone and todoroki dead he just had to live with the shitty feeling of misfortune and madness.

He was mad.

He was angry.

That day he felt an unexplicable amount of anger. Was it at todoroki?

No, the kid was scared. He couldnt have talked about such a thing, not when he was the number one hero.

So was it endeavor.

Sure..

He liked to blame endeavor for the shit he felt. Which was somewhat true to some extent but still.

He was mad at himself.

He was mad that he noticed signs of abuse on random kids on the streets but couldnt with his own student. He was mad about the fact that he would ask hizashi to ask certain students about their homelife but didnt realize how messed up todoroki's was.

He was mad that he didnt try to talk to him after the stunts he pulled at the sports festival. After seeing how butter he got when his dad was praised.

He was mad at himself

And being mad at yourself was much worse because you dont have anyone else to blame.

Dread.

Today he was feeling dread.

He was scared- no terrified of what he might see. What he might read or look at.

He was scared to come to terms with the fact that it was bad enough fir todoroki to have a meltdown in front kf a mere door.

"Look" aizawa was snapped out of his thoughts when kiego started talking, possibly nonsense but he barely had any energy left, being drained by a swift walk to the door. "Whatever we see, you guys wont react like dads about it. We promised we wouldnt go in, and were not breaking his trust over this. Got it?"

"Yeah okay"

"Yeah just open the door" hizashi was getting impatient, desperately wanting to know.

Was it him being curious?

Most probably.

But he also wanted to get justice for his non-son. The justice he deserved.

"Lets go" hawks says as he unlocks the japenese style door slowly.

He didnt act like it but he didnt like this at all.

Not because it was basically going back on a promise he made, no. Because he didnt want to see what the person who he became pro hero for did to his children.

What endeavor saved him from.

He didnt want to believe that endeavor was the flaming trash, the hypocrite saved him from someone just like him.

A drunk shit villain with no control whatsoever.

Hawks didnt know if he could handle it.

________________