Thoughts on Kira

Author's Note:

I promise this is not a Light x reader story, it's a reader x various characters. I just need to form a realistic bond with the both of them, so it's not just Light obsessing over Y/n for no reason.

——————————————————————————————————————————

You had stayed inside for the day. You knew Misa would make her move soon, but you didn't know it would be today.

Turning on the TV, you saw something you didn't expect to see; a white screen with the words "KIRA" written on it.

Today was the day that Misa was killing every person she saw in sight of the studio building

You quickly get up, leaving the TV on while you change your clothes and grab your bag.

Should I go to Lights' house or should I put a mask on and go to the scene of the crime?

After thinking about it, you decided to go to Lights' house. You started to run to Lights' house; you knew his mom was at the hospital, while his dad was in the studio.

You ran quickly to Lights' house, unsure of what you would do when you got there. You just needed to have someone to talk to about this.

You arrive at Lights' house, out of breath.

Before you could catch your breath, you knocked on the door.

You were still catching your breath when he opened the door to see you. You had your hands on your knees while standing, trying to breathe.

Why did I even rush here so fast?

Light puts his hand behind you, patting your back.

You looked up at Light, noticing Ryuk behind him. You couldn't stop your eyes from slightly widening before biting your lip to stop

"I'm-I'm doing okay," you say, smiling, clenching your fist.

Damn, that's a huge bitch, 8 feet tall.

"What? A reaction! Can you see me?" Ryuk asked, jumping in front of you

You were only human. You couldn't simply not reaction. You held your breath.

You closed your eyes before announcing

"Give me a second, I need to still catch my breath," you say, looking straight through Ryuk.

"Okay" Light said, relief apparent in his voice.

"Oh wow, who's this lady friend of yours? She's not a simple character. " Ryuk said, chuckling.

Light was confused, but made it his priority to keep you calm. He walked you inside, sat you down, and got you water.

Does Ryuk know something? He better shut up and not say anything.

"I apologize for showing up unannounced," you sigh.

No I'm not. This isn't my first time coming here unannounced

"I just had no one to discuss the new incidents that happened," you say, finally catching your breath.

Light looked at you. He wasn't as nervous about talking in the open since the cameras were now gone.

"It seems like the second Kira is here," you say, sighing.

Light looked taken aback.

"Second? What are you talking about? " Light asked.

"This Kira is harming the innocent. The original Kira only stopped the people who got in his way. This one is only killing people to prove a point," you said, tapping the table.

Why am I explaining this? He knows damn well-

"Wow, that's incredible. I had the same thought as well," Light said.

"You acted confused when I mentioned the second Kira though." You refuted

"I just wanted to see what you would say," he replied shyly.

"By the way, I never got to know what you think of Kira, "Light asked.

Am I going to have to suck up to him or just say something bland?

You sigh

"Kira is a killer, that's something that can't be refuted," you said, standing up.

Light looked disappointed.

"However, he has the right intentions of killing criminals, but by doing so, he is also killing people falsely accused, and those with petty crimes like shoplifting and unpaid parking tickets, leading the world to live in fear, "you said.

Light looked up at you.

You start walking to the door while you continue

"Kira is also killing those who try to stop him. Whether Kira wants to admit it or not, Kira is creating a world that's right.. to a certain extent."

"I'll see you later, Light, I've gotten everything out of my system." You walk out, giving him a smile before leaving.

Was that good enough? I hope this will get him to trust me a bit more. Since I'm not worshiping him, he should know I'm not faking admiration.

Ryuk was laughing.

"What's so funny, Ryuk?" Light asked.

"Do you have a crush?" Ryuk asked.

Light ignored him.

"She's not like other humans," he said.

Not😜like😘 😟other 🤤👯‍♀️humans😡⁉️

"Why do you say that?" Light asks curiously.

"With these eyes, I can see names and the number of days of life left," Ryuk said.

"Yes.. and?" Light expresses his impatience.

"She...she doesn't have anything above her, not a name or anything," Ryuk told Light.

You didn't leave. Well, you did, but you were outside, but you didn't want to risk an opportunity to not listen to Light and Ryuk's conversation.

You didn't stand in one place, you were just walking very slowly, in case Ryuk found out you were listening.

When you heard their conversation, you were shocked.

Does this mean I can show my face to Misa and she won't kill me?

You grin mischievously.

If what Ryuk told Light was true, then this would be a huge advantage for you. You smiled. Figuring out this key piece of information was a blessing.

You decided not to run back. You learned your lesson from last time.

Light is becoming a lot nicer, but it seems to only be for me. I might be able to manipulate him.