CHAPTER 5 - Mixed Emotions

It was morning, I saw my dad sitting in his chair, holding a letter. He was rubbing his head. I knew something was up. I went up to him and asked what's wrong.

"Hmm? Oh nothing, nothings wrong" dad said

"What did the letter say?" I said, worried

"It was nothing, just a random letter."

"Uhh... ok, well I'm going out to the library to return these. I- I'll see you later" I said

"Yeah, yeah be careful." Dad said, folding the letter and putting it in his pocket.

As I got outside, I knew something was wrong. We don't usually get letters unless it's very important. Random thoughts went through my head. I was worried, why was dad upset and had a worried look on his face.

I arrived at the library, returning the books and getting new ones. I sat down to clear my thoughts and focus. I really hoped it was nothing.

While in the library, I see Gloria. Grabbing so many books. I wouldn't be surprised because she's really smart. Not only is she smart but very pretty and talented too. She knows how to sing, dance, draw, and even play instruments. Wow, God must really love her....

Then, our eyes met. She noticed me, I looked away and avoided eye contact. She started walking towards me. I panicked. What is she going to say to me? What will I say to her?

"Hi y/n" Gloria said walking towards me

"Oh hi Gloria. Nice to see you again" I said with an awkward smile.

"Nice to see you too.... I see you're still into flowers and plants..." she said, looking at the pile of books sitting in front of me.

"Ah- yes I enjoy reading and learning them." I said, trying to avoid eye contact with her.

"So.. May I?" she asked, trying to sit with me.

I froze. Should I let her sit with me? Of course, she's kind, smart n stuff.

"Uhh- y-yes, sure" I answered her, smiling awkwardly.

The silence was awkward. She was just reading while I was staring at her. I went back to reading my book, then she started talking to me.

"So, you and the Madrigal boy?" She asked, while looking and reading at her book.

"Uh..No, no, i-it's not" I denied

"Seems like a nice guy.." She murmured.

This was the opportunity. I'll introduce Camilo to her. So I can finally get him off my mind. I'll set them up.

Going back to Gloria. "Yeah, he is. You know he's sweet, kind, and very funny too. You have to introduce yourself to him. He'll definitely like you..." I whispered.

"Well...." Gloria said, making the *not sure* look at her face.

"Just imagine it, dating a Madrigal. Everyone would go crazy, Gloria Sanchez dating Camilo Madrigal! I mean.... girls would envy you. " I shrieked, spinning around in the library, giving Gloria the image of how it would look to date Camilo.

"Well, it's not about being popular and everyone loving me... It's about the love we have. How much I love him and how much he loves me." Gloria said, sounding like an adult.

While she was saying those words, I gave a bored expression.

AFTER READING IN THE LIBRARY

We both said our goodbyes to each other.

Going out, I see Camilo entertaining kids. So I decided to go to him.... What??? Me and Camilo are perfectly good friends... As I walked towards him, he noticed me.

"Oh hey y/n" He exclaimed, waving his right hand aggressively.

"Okay kids... Show's over.." He said looking at the kids surrounding him.

"Awww" Kids shouting in unison.

"Why'd you get rid of the kids, they're having fun..." I complained, looking at the kids walking away.

"Well I wanted to hang out with you..." he whispered. "Besides, I'll get to sing a song for them tomorrow." He added.

I chuckled.

"So.. What's up?" he asked.

"You know the girl I introduced to you?" I asked

"Yeah..uh...the girl, Glo-Gloria Sanchez?"

"Yeah yeah her..." I exclaimed

"What about her?" He asked, confused

"Well.... I think she likes you.." I said in a rush, I lied. Gloria doesn't like Camilo, they haven't even met yet.

"I know.." he said, walking straight and with a straight face.

"Wait, what??" I panicked. I didn't know why.

"Everyone likes me, who wouldn't..." he said sarcastically.

Bruh. Of course he'll say that.... I rolled my eyes at him.

"You should definitely introduce yourself to her, she's smart, kind, talented, and very pretty too. You guys would be perfect for each other. I'm sure she'll even like you more." I said facing Camilo, walking backwards

He raised his eyebrows "You think?"

"Yeah, definitely!!! I'll even help you guys out" I exclaimed.

"Well I'm not su-"

"Great- we'll start tomorrow... See you..." Cutting off Camilo, arriving at my house and slamming the door in front of his face. My back sticked and squished to the door. I was sure he was confused.

As I opened my eyes and looked up. It was my dad.

"Hey... Pa..." I said with an awkward smile.

"Y/n!!" He hugs me really tight. My feet weren't touching the floor.

I was confused why he was hugging me and super happy to see me.

"Hey pa.. Why are you so happy to see me?" Smiling with confusion.

"Oh nothing... I just missed you that's all, and you know maybe someday I won't get to see you or you won't get to see me..." Dad said smiling, hugging me again.

"Uhhh.. What do you mean not seeing me again??" I asked, after hugging me.

"Y/n, the newly baked pandebono is there in the oven, you can eat some if you like..." Dad said, not answering my question.

"Dad, I said why won't we see each other again??" I exclaimed.

"Bye honey... I'm going to deliver these to Miguel's" Dad said, getting to the door.

I was worried. Is he going to die???? I panicked.....But dad is healthy and there's no problem with him. I try to calm down.

I looked at abuela while she was sewing a dress. I didn't want to bother her, so I just kissed her on the cheeks.

HIII GUYSS!!!

GOOD NEWS!! I DON'T HAVE CLASSES THIS WEEK SOOOO I CAN UPLOAD 2 CHAPTERS A DAY!!

BTW THIS STORY IS INSPIRED BY THE BOOK "FLIRT" FROM @HushLemmeSleep FULL CREDITS TO THEM <33

AGAIN TYSM FOR READING HOPE YOU GUYS ARE ENJOYING <33

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE :)