CHAPTER 13 - Déjà Vu

December 31. New Year's Eve.

Everyone was preparing. Fireworks and the food.

"Y/n!!" Mirabel shouted, hugging me real tight.

"Oh my gosh you scared me!" I exclaimed.

"It's just that I missed you and it's been a pretty long time since I hung out with you." She said,

She was right. I haven't been with my best friend for so long. I was too focused on being with Camilo.

"Yeah it is. You know, you can come to my house." I offered.

"Wait. Really. Yeah sure." She exclaimed.

"You can have lunch with us too." I added.

HAVING LUNCH WITH MIRABEL AND MY FAMILY

"So....Mirabel, y/n told me so much about you." Mom said. "I heard you're one of the Madrigals."

"Oh yes I am. Except I don't have any gift like my family." She said.

"Ay, that's okay mi amor. You are a wonderful and sweet girl. Don't let people down you just because you have no gift. Everyone has a gift but it's all in here." Mom said, holding her chest.

"Gracias Señora." Mirabel said with a warm smile on her face.

"Oh and Mirabel, do you know a guy named Camilo?" Mom said.

SHOOT.

"Yes, he's my cousin. Why'd you ask?" Mirabel answered.

"Cause y/n here keeps talking about him. I haven't seen him yet." Mom said.

"Really...." Mirabel said, looking at me with a smirk. My eyes widened.

"Oh... Everyone will be going to our house later for New Year's Eve. You guys should come, plus Camilo will be there." Mirabel said, raising her eyebrows on me.

"That's great! We will come." Mom said.

It's okay. I'm just going to introduce my friend Camilo to mom. Nothing bad is going to happen, I mean what could possibly go wrong?

THE MADRIGALS

We were walking towards the house. I remembered the first and last time I went there.

(btw you were wearing a pretty dress that your abuela made. It was a floral dress.)

"Nice to see you again f/n" A man said. I haven't seen him before. He had curly hair and a green poncho.

"Heyyyy. Nice to see you Bruno!" Dad exclaimed. Ohhh his name is Bruno. Wait, Bruno? I think I've heard his name somewhere.. Nevermind.

I went to find Mirabel. Then.... I tripped again. Good thing someone catched me. I've been tripping a lot. WAIT CAMILO.

I remembered the first time we met. Our eyes locked. I WAS BLUSHING AGAIN....CALM DOWN.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah yeah. I'm fine. Thanks." I stood up. Ok fine fine maybe I did blush a little.

"Oh um- I have to introduce you to someone." I grabbed him by his arm.

"Uh- Mama. This is um- Camilo." I said, smiling awkwardly.

"Hola, Señora" He said.

"Ayy, so you were the boy y/n always talks about." Mom said.

"She does?" Camilo said, looking at me with a smirk. Ugh why do they always do that????

"Yes. She does." Mom said "You are a handsome young boy. No wonder y/n likes you.." Mom said.