CHAPTER 21 - Twist of Fate

I couldn't sleep that night. All I can think about is Gloria and Camilo, plenty of what-if's came into my head. I needed a distraction. So, I went downstairs to do something else. Sigh. Staring at the empty corners of our house, it felt empty without her. I can't forget someone when I'm still hoping for them to come back. 

I went out, mom and dad are in the bakery. I wanted to do something else. I spotted Miguel.

"Miguel!" I yelled. "What's wrong?" He asked. "Oh nothing, it's just that I needed to do something else. Is it okay if I helped you on the farm?" I asked, hoping he could say yes. "Yeah, sure you can." He answered. Well that was fast. "Come, follow me." I followed him. "

We finally got there. "Here, let's start with something easy, you can pick the tomatoes and put it in this basket." He said. "Thanks." I replied. "Why are you doing this? Don't you want to work at the bakery?" He asked. "I needed a distraction, besides mom and dad are taking care of the bakery." I answered, picking tomatoes. "Well I'll be right back, I still have to feed the donkeys." He said.

There I was picking tomatoes, then I saw Gloria talking to Camilo. Ughh. It's like she's obsessed with him. After a while, Gloria went up to me " Hey y/n!" She was behind me, I rolled my eyes. "Is this about yesterday cause you caught me talking to him?" I gave a bored expression. "No, no i-it's not that. I just wanted to apologize for what I said about you and Camilo. I'm really sorry for telling you to stay away from him. I'll take that back." She said, "It's fine. Me and Camilo are just close friends that's all." I smiled. "So, why are you here?" She asked, looking around the farm. "Oh I decided to help Miguel here, on the farm. I also needed a distraction." I answered. "Aww, that's so sweet of you. You know, you guys look cute together." She said, What... "We're not, we're just friends too." I said. "Oh and by the way I have great news! Camilo's abuela invited me for lunch later in their house." She shrieked. A huge smile on her face. "Wow, that's great! I'm so happy for you. You and Camilo get along so well." I touched her shoulders. My face started to heat up. It was jealousy and anger. "I know right, It's all because of you. This wouldn't happen if you weren't here." She smiled, holding my arms. "Well, it was nice talking to you. I'll see you around." I added. "I'll see you too." She said, going away.

I was a little upset when she told me that Miguel and I look cute together. I know she was just saying that so me and Miguel can end up with each other and I can also finally leave her and Camilo alone. Definitely not going to happen.

CAMILO'S POV:

It was lunch time. Gloria was there, she was helping mom and tia Julieta set up the table. I remembered the time y/n was there, she was also helping in setting up the table.

Finally, sitting in front of the table. I was facing Gloria. My family seems to like her. Talking about how smart and talented she is. I was bored, all I could think about was y/n. "Camilo, Camilo." I snapped into reality. "I was just talking about Gloria. She's a lovely young lady plus she's smart and very responsible." Abuela said. "Oh yeah wow, that's great." I replied. After eating and a lot of talking, Gloria was about to go home. I was going to walk her home then I saw y/n and Miguel, laughing and walking together. I can almost see y/n falling for him, he even gave her a flower.... "Is that y/n and Miguel? We should go to them." Gloria said. We walked towards them.

"Hi! what are you guys doing?" Gloria asked them. "Oh we were just delivering pastries and vegetables." Y/n said. "What are you guys doing?"

"I was just walking Gloria home." I said. There was an awkward silence. "So um... we have to go, we still have to deliver some of these." y/n said. "Oh yeah sure." I replied. "We'll see you around." Miguel said.

BACK TO y/n's POV:

I know that I don't own you, and perhaps I never will, so anger when you're with her, I have no right to feel. I know that you don't owe me, and I should ask for more; I shouldn't feel so let down, all the times when you don't give me flowers. What I feel—I should show you,

so when you're around I won't; I know I've no right to feel it but it doesn't mean I don't.

NIGHT TIME

After eating dinner

I noticed my dad. He wasn't always like that, maybe it's because of abuela. I haven't talked to him since. I heard a knock on the door. "I'll get that." I said, rushing to the door. "Mirabel?" She dragged me outside. "We have to talk." She said, "I-is something wrong?" I asked. "Just follow me. "Wait, I have to tell my parents." I said. "Mija, who was at the door?" Mom asked. "Oh nothing it was just um- some kids you know." I lied. "I um have to go check on something. I think I left something outside." I went out, Mirabel wasn't there. "Mirabel" I whispered, calling her. Someone grabbed my arm and pulled me. It was Mirabel. "Where are we going?" I asked. She brought me to a place full of trees, leaves, and hanging vines. "Uh what are we doing here?" I was confused.

"y/n, Gloria ate lunch with us. Abuela invited her." She panicked. "I know that." I said. "And, Abuela is starting to like her." She said, "O..kay. That's good." I replied. "UgH. What I mean is, if Abuela likes her then she'll force Gloria and Camilo you know to.... Date." She said.

Yup. I was right. I knew it. I'm dead.

"That's fine, that's totally fine. I'm fine too." I awkwardly smile. "No you're not." She said, "What do you mean I'm not. I am happy for them." I replied. "Oh y/n, I see how you look at him." She said, touching my shoulder. "I-"

"Are you in love?" She said, cutting me off. I froze.

Sighs. "Out-"

"Of love?" She asked, cutting me off again. "The one I love doesn't love me." I responded. "Hmmm, He will."

"And I'll help you with that."

TY AGAIN FOR READING <333

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE :))