02: A mere human

The new outfit you walk out with lets them stare for moments much longer than needed.

You wear an armor suited more for a body like yours with colors of the dark shadows and golden accents here and there. It isn't bulky like your previous armor but hides your body in an appropriate manner. Your shoulders are captured with golden demonic claws that sticks out, black long silk descending into a train-like cape down your sleeves. The boots you wear goes up to your thighs with gold patterns swirling about the legs like the body of snakes.

And lastly your hair is higher in a high ponytail accompanied by a black and golden headpiece that dips in the center down just above your forehead with a golden gem, connected with two demon horns with its tails snaking back horizontally, pointy but not too long, tip pointing upwards, and the last part of the headpiece holds your hair together, acting like a ponytail holder.

It's beautiful.

You're beautiful. Maybe one of the most beautiful they have ever seen. More beautiful than Aphrodite herself.

But of course they cannot say that aloud.

Yet despite the lingering stares, you are oblivious to it all as you run to them, holding out your newly gifted sword with excitement sparkling in your eyes. It's different from the girl in the battlefield, different from the desperate girl pleading for Namjoon to make you their shields.

It's similar to the faces you made the second time you walk into the castle, presenting them the Hydra head. They still can't believe it. "Look at this sword! It's incredibly beautiful, I cannot wait to test it out!"

The sword is gorgeous, a gift from the Gods, held with darkness and fire

You're excited, like a child, like a foolish mortal. But they don't have the heart to ruin your mood despite everything in the Underworld being a tragic melancholy atmosphere. The only thing lighting up the place are the fires and now you. Your brilliant smile.

But Yoongi finds it a little annoying. "What do you expect? That is a gift from the Gods after all," the Lord of Curses says as he rolls his eyes, feet leading him to start getting a move on.

Yet you are indifferent from his rude tone. "It really won't break? At all?"

"Never," Jimin confirms.

"Let's go," Seokjin, Lord of Pain and Misery, begins trailing after Yoongi. "You're meant to be our shield, not a pain in the ass."

The trip is long — well, it feels like it for you because you have to walk on foot while they get to ride in a chariot — and each step becomes a little more burdensome than the last but you hide the pain best behind an excited smile.

The long mission had taken a toll out of you but you don't show it and instead blabber on — mostly to yourself because you're sure the Lords have already gotten tired of you — and play around with your newly gifted sword.

"Do you ever shut up?" Yoongi asks you and you turn to him with a confident grin.

"Yes! When I.." your voice trails off for a moment to think about the question, "..'m on the battlefield."

"Ah." The silent killer. "Just on the battlefield?"

"I can be quiet," you defend in a confident tone.

"Yeah? Prove it. Right now. Until we reach our destination."

"What? But—"

"You dare talk back to your Lord?" It shuts you up but you still make a dissatisfied comical expression that has Taehyung and Jimin both snickering.