19: The warrior and her seven lovers

"You have to go, Kai. It's getting really late."

"No way," Kai frowns at his older brother and when Jimin tries to reach for him, the little boy comes running to you in order to hide behind your body. "Stop him, noona, he's tryna take me away but I don't wanna go."

"Kai—"

"Please, noona." His lips puckers up into a cute little pout with eyes so big and round, a little glossy because he doesn't want to leave you and seeing that, you don't have the heart to deny the little boy anything. Not only is he Jimin's little brother and you know you will miss him very much because he isn't going to exist in your life after you leave, but the boy has his charms and you don't ever want to take the happiness away from him.

You're going to love this boy until the day you die, which is in approximately two months but you still have time.

Yeah.

Time.

"Don't try to win her over," Jimin rolls his eyes.

"Too late," you tease at the man before picking the little one up as he laughs with joy, happy he's won. "But darling, your brother's right, you know. It's getting late and little boys like you have to sleep in order to grow like the big boy your brother is. Plus if you go now, you get to wake up a little earlier if you want to see me again."

"I wanna see noona!"

You giggle at his enthusiasm. "Then listen to your brother, alright? Good boys are the best boys."

"Okay I will, for you." You want to cry. He's too much for your heart. "But not until someone tells me a story," he says firmly as he looks at the rest of them, "and it better be a good one and not boring because you want me to leave already!"

Yoongi doesn't even try. "We're boring people, you really expect a good story to come out of us?"

"Then noona will tell the story this time!" Kai exclaims as he turns back to you. "You're better than them, I know you'll have great stories!"

"Hmm.." you think for a moment before walking over towards the couch to take a seat with him resting on your lap. The rest of them takes that chance to return to their work with Kai now distracted by you. "This is a story about a warrior. But there's a little twist." He tilts his head, curious. "The warrior is a woman."

"But why does the gender matter?" Kai asks and you smile sweetly at him. Though you know he can't visibly see it, you also know that Kai can mentally see your smile through your eyes.

"Because, my dear, most people believe that the battlefield is made for men and men alone. That is why typically every parent wanted a son to be their firstborn for a firstborn is made to protect and honor the family through his strength. But this family, the mother births a daughter, not a son."

"So they were unhappy?"

You eyes falls a little. "A little. The father didn't want to accept it at all but because he can do nothing about the gender of the child, he decided that he can make a man out of the babygirl. So the second the girl could walk, he started training her into a protector he hoped to create. All her life she's treated as a son, working hard labor and refusing to let her near anything girly like flowers." Kai looks a little unhappy at the turn of events but you continue on, bopping his little nose. "So the girl grew up to be the warrior her father always wanted only because she knew that from the day she was born, her father didn't smile upon her, so she made it her goal to make him proud of her."

"That's upsetting," Kai pouts.

"It is," you nod. "Which is why she ventured bravely into the world of the Underworld, and there, she made herself the God of the Underworld's shield after slaughtering a head of the Hydra, the nine headed sea serpent that lives in the land of Lerna, whom, with each strike, grows another head each time."