26: Time is running out

500:03:29

500 hours left. 3 minutes. 29 seconds.

3 weeks left.

Earth is beautiful.

But sometimes Earth can be very sorrowful.

When you think you can smile and be free and happy with your Lords, there will always be another moment that will remind you that this is not the life that is meant for you.

Miran will always be there. No matter how much you want to think you are making progress. Because in the end, it is you that has to watch from the sideline at a formal party, sitting in your wheelchair, constricted from where you are, only able to watch from afar as Miran and your Lords speaks to other executives as if it is a wedding where the bride and grooms are greeting others.

In everyone's eyes, they see them as the perfect couple. Miran has it all, she's won seven most handsome and kindest men on Earth.

They treat her well, they smile at her, their hands rests on her waist and they share loving gazes her way.

You want to stop it all but you also understand that it is not your place to do so. No matter how well you think you know them, how easy it is to let your worries, frustrations, and jealousy get the best of you, you don't let it.

You aren't like Miran. You care for others before yourself. You put others wants and needs before yourself. You put their life before yours.

Even though you are hurt yourself. Even though you are in no position to protect.

You still rush to find Miran when she is out of sight and a threat of a bomb found and ready to explode has reached everyone's ears.

While everyone else goes for the door, you can only stare back at Jimin's eyes who screams at you with alarm, shouting at you to follow him out.

But you know Miran is still in the building so you turn your chair around and rush away as smoke has already begun to fill the room.

You push and push, palms getting blisters by how fast you are but you don't care. Their words rings in your head, them telling you that it is your duty to protect Miran should she be in the room of danger and you take every duty serious.

It is hard to breathe especially with your mask on.

When you spot Miran, she's panicking and don't know where to go so you're quick to tell her to follow you and the two of you run towards an emergency exit.

Yet you're the one to tell her to go on before you as you spot a man still inside the building, refusing to even try to escape, and you know for sure that he won't be on your side.

So you let Miran go as a way to distract his vision towards you before he can catch sight of her. After all, Miran is much more important. You are nothing but a bodyguard while she is the girlfriends of seven successful businessman.

He catches sight of you and the two of you stare at one another amongst the smoke that blocks part of your vision upon seeing him clearly.

He remains in the middle of the room, a playful smirk on his face before something drops out of his hand and you realize what it is.

A suicide mission.

Whoever he is, you know it isn't really the CEOs and their weaknesses he is after. It is an excuse.

An excuse for you.

Time is running out and the world is trying to eliminate you as soon as they can.

You can't think to run away quick enough because one, you're in a wheelchair, and two, he's already dropped the bomb that explodes and sends you flying across the room.

Your ear begins ringing with a screeching erie sound, vision hazy, and you can't breathe well.

"Y/N!"

Someone calls your name. Someone rushes to you. Someone picks you up and rush out the door, coughing through the smoke, before he lets you down on the floor yet still holds you in his arms.

You cough more times than he does and Jimin begins to panic.

"She can't breathe," Yoongi gasps as he hurries to kneel on your other side.

They know an easier way to help you but there are too many eyes to witness it all and Jimin lets out a grunt of sheer frustration before pulling your face against his chest. Yoongi goes to follow, hugging you close and Taehyung and Seokjin goes on the last remaining sides to hide your face as Jimin removes your mask.

Their eyes all turned away from you out of respect.

The coughing continues but it sounds less harsh and a part of them is relieved while another part of them wants to hurt the one that did this to you.

Time is running out and the world is trying to kill you.

.

.

.

"You could have died."

"If I had only thought about myself and rushed out the doors while knowing someone was still inside the building, Miran could have actually died because of my mistake." You look up at Namjoon who holds a displeased expression. "Why are you angry?"

"You could have died," he repeats.

"You told me that in case Miran is ever around during the case of danger, I should locate her to safer grounds."

"You were in no position to protect another," Hoseok chides with rage. "Now you've hurt yourself even more."

"You think a leg injury will stop me from doing my job?" You retort curtly.

You don't get it, you've saved their girlfriend's life, why are they getting mad at you? Why aren't they appreciative of your actions? You almost died to keep her out of danger yet here they are, scolding you rather than praising your heroic actions.

"I did what I had to do, what you asked of me. I did my job as a bodyguard, protected the one you love so why are you angry with me?"

"Because for once, Y/N," Yoongi stresses and it's probably the most frustrated you have ever seen him but you don't know why it is now, "for once, stop caring about others and put yourself first."

Why is he telling you that right now? When you saved his girlfriend?

Why are they all looking at you with displeasure and eyes filled with guilt and sorrow?

Still, you don't want to interpret it wrongly. You don't want to get your hopes up only to let it down a few seconds later so you let a tear slip from your eyes. What they are telling you melts and hurts your heart at the same time and you don't know what to do.

"She's Miran," you utter in a small voice yet you know they hear it and it brings them into a dilemma. It hurts you more. "She's your girlfriend. Her life is far more important than I will ever be."