'Hermosa' Pt 12

My eyes met with the girl, she was a petite thing, looking about 4'5 in a short dress. I looked her up and down, then looked back at Camilo. The girl seemed to have known why I was speechless and had ran away. I stood there, tears welling up in my eyes. I looked at him in disgust. He looked back, ashamed.  As I blinked, tears rushed down my face, forming a waterfall of salty tears. He looked at his feet and said, " I-It's not what you think.." I wiped my face and yelled, " SO WHAT THE HELL IS IT!? I-I see you here; WITH ANOTHER GIRL, talking, flirting, w-when you have me.." He started crying too, for unknown reasons...

I walked away, not giving him time to explain. He looked back at me and grabbed my arm. " Hey, it- it really isn't what you think. She is from the village and she was brought here so I could show her around.." I didn't believe that for a moment. I- I trust Camilo but- I felt a wave of nervous energy rush over me. " I understand if your mad, but  really- it wasn't anything." I tried to believe him but i- couldn't. I shook my head and walked back to my house slamming the box into the grass, leaving him there, watching me walk down the road. He wanted to stop me, but he knew that wouldn't help. He saw the brown box in the grass and picked it up. He saw the price tag i forgot to rip off. ' Oh... crap.'  He thought. He opened the box and saw the necklace. I was already in my house at the time, yet i was watching through my window, seeing how he would react. He slowly took the necklace out, holding it in his large fingers. He saw my name and teared up. He knew it was for him.

He moved the necklace around, letting it glisten in the sunlight. He quickly put it on. Holding my name close to his chest, he tuck it in his poncho, so it was around his neck, but still hidden. Why was he hiding? Was there something I didn't know? W-was he... cheating?

I brushed the idea off after seeing how he reacted to seeing the necklace and closed my window.       " *sigh, I should go talk to him.."  I left my room, sluggishly trotting down the stairs, until I got to the door, I left the house, walking towards the Casita. Then i see it. 

Camilo.

and that girl. 

holding

hands.