Prologue

Cherry Scent

      SCARLETT DELMONICO wasn't completely on board with her father's idea of playing baseball with a bunch of boys, she wasn't even sure if the man himself was on board either

Scarlett would have chosen to sleep in and then hang out with her best friends but since they were all busy, she took him up on his offer.

If you would have told Scarlett she would fall in love with her teammate and her father's player, she would laugh in your face and ran off to tell her best friends the craziest thing she's ever heard.
Once she arrived to the dug out, she was immediately nervous.

As she got out of the car, she was wearing an old baseball uniform.
She used to be on the peewees team but quit when she was immediately picked on by the boys on the opposite team, she was number 7.

Scarlett is used to being a pitcher, she always did such a good job whenever she went into the field.
Always got out the person batting, she was the star player on her team as well.

Layla used to be the catcher, she didn't like batting nor pitching since she was afraid of getting hurt so she went with catcher.
As Scarlett grabbed her dufflebag filled with her baseball gear, her uniform had the small character of a tiger.

She took a deep breath as her and her father walked on to the field, her heart was racing at the speed of light.
Scarlett was immediately greeted with stares, nobody whistled or made outrageous comments.

Instead they looked at each other and back at Scarlett as if she had three heads, Scarlett scanned the team.
She immediately found herself making eye contact with number 17.

As her cheeks heated up, she looked away.
This was going to be a story to tell when she got home to her friends.