LVI. It's True, I Love You

Chapter 56, It's True, I Love You
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      " I want to look prettier than average, I'm begging you to give me a makeover! "

   ~ Scarlett's POV ~

        I was sitting on my bed throwing crumbled papers to the floor, I was stressing myself out with this love thing.
  Who knew trying to tell someone you love them made you crazy, I knew because Hallmark movies taught me.

   I sighed and pulled out my guitar, strumming and humming along to see if a new lyric would pop up.
  A frustrated grunt left my lips as I stopped strumming and laid down on my bed, there was absolutely zero in my head which was normal but I hated it.

    I decided to listen to some music in hopes it would set off an inspiring in me, I didn't stop listening until I knew what I wanted to write but there was nothing.
  I walked to my closet and pulled out my box with the notes of Jaden, I pulled one out and read what I had written inside.

    The words were perfect enough for a song but they didn't rhyme, nothing like some revamping can't fix.
  I grabbed a grey glitter pen and grabbed my notebook, I took a deep breath and began to rewrite the words onto the page.

   There was still music playing in the background, once the song was down I was proud of myself.
  I decided to rip the page out of the notebook and place it inside of the box, I didn't want anyone reading this.

   As I placed the box inside of my closet, I locked the door and walked out of my room.
  My phone was in my hand as I was still in my pajamas, I wanted to look prettier than usual to say I love you.

   I ran out of my house and jogged over to Layla's, I knocked rapidly which usually meant it's an emergency so drop your things and help me out.
   Layla rushed over to the door and smiled at me, I walked in and immediately grabbed her hand.

   "Slow down!"

  Layla choked out as I dragged her upstairs to her room, I opened the door and close it behind us before I sat her down on the bed.
   She looked at me like I was lunatic which I was but we weren't about talk about that, not yet anyways.

   " I want to look prettier than average, I'm begging you to give me a makeover! "

  I pleaded as I looked into her eyes with puppy dog eyes, she laughed and nodded.

  "You're gorgeous so no make up needed, I'll look through my closet."

   I nodded slightly and went onto my phone, I was a little nervous but also excited considering that I would have my best friends and Javon there too.
   Okay, I'm kidding.
All of my best friends would be there.

   "Found it! Go to the bathroom and change into it, also explain to me why you're changing!"

    Layla ushered me into her bathroom as she handed me a beautiful yellow dress, I put it on and smiled into the mirror.
  The dress made me look pretty, I sighed as I opened the door.

   Layla's mouth opened, she hugged me and sat me down at her vanity.
  She began to do my hair lovely, I loved how it came out.

Scarlett's Outfit and Hairstyle

      "I'm going to tell Jaden I love him, I need everyone to be there

      "I'm going to tell Jaden I love him, I need everyone to be there."

    I blurted out as Layla finished doing my hair, I watch as her hand fly to her mouth as her eye widen.
   This was what I loved about Layla, she would be dramatic about my things and then cheer me on.

    "I'll be taking photos, you can't tell me know because I'll do it anyways."

   Layla said as she walked over to her closet and pulled out a yellow sundress, she walked to her bathroom and changed into it.
   Cora, Jayla, Javon and Daelo were already outside having a conversation about sneakers and euphoria, I hugged Daelo considering he was my favorite Walton.

    He looked just like his siblings, I sighed nervously as Jayla began to dial Jaden's number on her phone.
  It was already too late for me to back out now, I watched as Jaden exited his house with a white champion shirt, black basketball shorts and a neon yellow hat.

    The hat was blinding but I would tease him after all of this, Jayla looked at me and gave me a thumbs up.
   Jaden looked at me confused to which I looked at him and sighed, I didn't know if I should blurt it out or say a speech.

    "Jaden, I really like you."

  I sounded ridiculous, Jaden grabbed my hand and returned my words.
  He had a big smile which made his dimples more noticeable, I loved his dimples.

   "And the liking turned into something more, something I'm not sure if you're ready but I am."

   I began to ramble, I didn't want to get straight to the point.
  I was too afraid of the rejection that might come if I were to tell him the topic, Javon groaned and threw a pebble at me.

   I threw a death stare his way before looking back at his twin, I decided to just go for it.

   "I love you."

  I held my breath as Jaden took the time to process what was just said to him, he looked at me and then back at our friends.
  My heart broke a little as he stood quiet, I didn't know what to do but stand there and feel awkward.

   "I love you more."

  He finally responded as he planted a soft kiss on my lips, he cupped my face and smiled into the kiss before pulling away.
  I smiled widely as I hugged him, I never wanted to let go.

   He didn't want to either, as we pulled away, we sat down on the grass and decided to go live for a bit.
  For the fun of it and because we wanted to brag about how we said I love you, which had the fans screaming of joy.