LVIII. Happy Birthday

Chapter 58, Happy Birthday
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I love being around you, do you still enjoy being around me? "

~ Jaden's POV ~

"Wake up Jaden! It's your sixteen birthday!"

Scarlett's soft voice said as she shook me awake, I groaned and shook my head as I tried to go to sleep again.
Scarlett didn't want to give up though, she showered me in kisses and continued to try wake me up.

"Scar, it's just another year of life. Let me sleep."

I mumbled as I buried my head into my pillow, Scarlett sighed and got up from bed.
It was silent, I sighed and got up from bed.

I walked to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, I brushed my hair and walked downstairs.
Scarlett looked at me and ran over quickly, I picked her up and twirled her around as my stomach came alive with butterflies as she squealed with happiness.

I set her down and bent down a little to kiss her, I walked over to her dad and hugged him as they sang happy birthday.
Is it just me or does it make you uncomfortable when people sing happy birthday?

I just feel embarrassed but I enjoyed it anyways, I had to go home to bully Wanna since it was our birthday.
Once I got inside, Daelo ran over to me with a big smile plastered on his face.

I picked him up and hugged him tightly, he is definitely my favorite sibling.

"Happy birthday!"

Daelo said with a smile.

"Thanks Mumps, where's Wanna?"

I asked as I set him down, for a seven year old he wasn't extremely heavy to lift.

"In his room, also mom says we're having a barbecue."

Daelo informed me as he walked away from me and walked to the living room, I walked upstairs and barged into Javon's room.
Javon looked at me and smiled as he set his phone down, I walked over and hugged him.

"Happy birthday Wanna."

I said as I pulled away from the hug and walked to our closet, I pulled out two outfits and got changed.
After we changed into our matching outfits, we walked downstairs.

After being told happy birthday by a lot of people, we walked to the backyard and I sat down next to Daelo.
I was pretty much bored until I had a voice that was as smooth as honey but so sweet like sugar, I looked up and smiled at Scarlett.

"Happy birthday brace face, happy birthday Jay."

Scarlett said with a warm smile as she handed us her gifts, she smelled amazing just like Cherries.
She sat beside us, but she looked a little distraught.

"Scar, are you alright?"

I asked with a smile, she looked at me and bit her lip as she wondered what she would say.
I grabbed her hand and looked at her, she sighed before answering.

" I love being around you, do you still enjoy being around me? "

Scarlett asked quietly, almost as if she didn't want it to be heard but I heard it anyways.
I looked at her and laughed a little, I didn't know if she was joking or not but her face made it clear she wasn't.

"I adore being around you Scar, why would think I don't?"

I answered her question but asked her another, maybe something was said and made her feel uncomfortable.
Scarlett shrugged the question off and smiled at me, I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her temple.

"I'm about to open my gift from you, Wanna let's open it."

I told her before turning to Javon and telling him we should open it right now, he looked at me and nodded.
Scarlett looked at me, we both opened the gifts at the same time.

Javon got a new pair of boxing gloves along with a basketball, I opened my gift and smiled.
I got a new baseball bat and I looked inside, I pulled out a bottle of cherry scent perfume.

"You're joking right now, where did you find this?"

I asked in awe, Scarlett smiled at me and decided not to answer.

"Can't say, but I hope you both love the gifts or like them."

Scarlett answered, Javon and I looked at her and told her that we both adore her gifts.
She is a great listener, I remember Javon telling her that he's into basketball and that he needed new gloves.

I remember telling her I loved the bat in currently holding because I saw it in a store and I wanted it, I always remembered I loved her perfume and I wanted a new one.
Soon we all ate, had a good time and it was now time to leave.

"Oh, Scarlett! This is Kylee, she's our best friend."

I introduced Scarlett to Kylee, Scarlett seemed to really like Kylee.

"We should hang out sometime, when are you free?"

Scarlett asked as she pulled her phone out and gave her phone to Kylee as Kylee did the same.
I felt like the third wheel to my best friend and girlfriend.

"Next week on Friday, we should hang out!"

Kylee proposed with a smile, Scarlett agreed before saying goodbye and walking out of the house.
I walked out of my house and ran over to Scarlett, I grabbed her hand and twirled her around.

"Bye birthday boy, enjoy your night."

Scarlett smiled softly and kisses my cheek, I smiled back at her and kissed her forehead.

"Alright goodnight, I'll see you in the morning."

Scarlett says as she kisses me softly before disappearing into her house, I felt myself blush a little and I smiled more than often.
I walked home feeling victorious, I truly do love this girl if I'm honest.