XLV. Ice Cream Hangout

Chapter 45, Ice Cream Hangout
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" All friendships have arguments, sometimes even physical fights but every once in a while, we have to make up. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

I woke up from my nap with Jaden before him, it was around seven or eight.
I checked my phone and it was actually just 7:28 PM, I had a massive craving for ice cream but didn't want to wake up Jaden.

I decided to put on a comfy outfit and brush my hair down, I grabbed my phone and messaged Layla.
I unblocked her from everything, I had my petty moments and now I was ready to move forward.

She agreed to going on an ice cream date with me, I was quite happy actually.
After one last look in the mirror, I walked downstairs where I was greeted with Alana and my father.

"I made up with Layla and now we're trying to trust each other again, therefore we're going for ice cream to talk about everything. I'll be home by nine with or without Layla, be kind if she does come over."

I said that all in one breath, my dad gave me a thumbs up and Alana nodded with a soft smile plastered all over her face.
I grabbed the car keys from off the counter and left the house, I walked to the car and unlocked it.

As I waited for Layla to come out, I played some music and sang along to it.
I was having a full on concert when Layla opened the door, scaring me half to death because I wasn't expecting her to come already.

"Calm down Selena, it's just me."

Layla teased, I laughed and drove off to an ice cream parlor.
Once we arrived, I parked the car and we got out excited.

I got cookie dough ice cream whilst Layla got rainbow sherbet, we sat down in a booth and began to speak about everything that has happened since we stopped being friends.
She felt uncomfortable when I brought Kathryn up, I wanted to know why but I didn't want to push her any further, she would tell me when she's ready.

"I feel so disgusted with how I acted towards you, I should've spoken to you about everything but I didn't."

Layla said, she began to pick on her nails.
She always did that whenever she got nervous, it was her anxiety bothering her but she never acknowledged it.

I always carried Band-Aids around whenever I was near her in case that were to happen again, luckily I had one in my pocket once she had fully broke skin and began to bleed.
Layla wasn't always a mean person, she was quite soft and a quiet person.

That meant whatever caused us to have a fallout, it had to be done under pressure.
Layla always crumbled under pressure so easily, it was one of the reasons she always stood by me and Cora.

Jayla and Cora were having another sleep over, I didn't tell Cora what I was doing but it was like she had already had an idea on what was going on.
Every now and then she would message me and ask me if I was doing what she thought I was doing but I quickly switched subjects or left her on seen.

" All friendships have arguments, sometimes even physical fights but every once in a while, we have to make up. "

I responded as we finished our ice cream, she looked at me with a thankful look and looked away.
She was hiding something from me and I wanted to know what it was but like I said, I wasn't about to go badgering her for it now.

We got into the car and drove home, we played 'Boyfriend' by Dove Cameron.
Layla and I loved that song to death.

"What am I gonna do? Not grab your, wrist?"

We said the lyric hushed tone and then began to scream the lyrics at the top of our lungs, I looked at Layla with a smile.

"I COULD BE A BETTER BOYFRIEND THAN HIM!"

I screamed as we drove down the empty road, the moon shining down at us with the stars dancing around it.
This was such a good memory to make.

"I COULD DO THE THINGS HE NEVER DID, UP ALL NIGHT I WON'T QUIT!"

Layla screamed the next part of the chorus, we both started laughing before singing the next lyric.
If felt like the fight never happened but we both knew it did, but that wasn't on our mind at this moment.

"THINKING I'M GONNA STEAL YOU FROM HIM!"

We screamed along with Dove, she sang this song effortlessly and it was something truly breath-taking.

"I COULD BE SUCH A GENTLEMAN, PLUS ALL MY CLOTHES WOULD FIT!"

Our screaming and singing died down as I parked in front of my house, I invited her to come over.
Layla accepted, I walked into the house and was greeted by my dad and Alana.

"Hey Layla."

Alana said with a soft smile, she was trying to be nice but she looked like she wanted to commit arson.
I grabbed Layla's hand and took her upstairs, Jaden sent me a message saying he had left to go home and that he would see me tomorrow.

Oh how everything would go down hill, I grabbed my Cherry Scented perfume and sprayed some on me.
This was something that I loved more than Jaden but don't tell him I said that.

"Everyone's going to get mad at you for hanging out with me."

Layla said as she sat on my bed and looked at me, I know that but I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt again.
If she would just tell me what I wanted to know then everything could be resolved and the heat would no longer be on her but the person who was accountable.

If I was honest, I had a feeling it was Kathryn.
Kathryn never cared about Layla's presence until she got the role of Drew Molina in Euphoria, which she killed because I promised I'd watch the show before our fight.

But I'm keeping these thoughts to myself until I'm proven wrong or right.