XLVI. Finally Getting The Truth

Chapter 46, Finally Getting The Truth
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" If you don't stop, I swear I will wait for you to go to sleep and pour Legos all over the ground. "

~ Jaden's POV ~

"Give it back Javon!"

I shouted at my twin brother to give me my phone back, I was on Scarlett's Instagram.
It was not being creepy but it was just seeing what she was into in case she wanted to go on a date but didn't have any idea where to go, also she's really cute.

"You're stalking her!"

Javon shouted back as he ran downstairs to the living room, I chased him.
Okay, maybe I was stalking her but maybe that's just a normal thing boyfriends do especially when their girlfriends are gorgeous.

"Oh look! Your girlfriend's calling!"

Javon teased as he answered the call, he ran outside of the house making me chase after him.
Why couldn't I devour this kid when we were in the womb?

"Scar said to bring Jayla and Cora over, apparently she and Layla made up and Layla is about to explain everything."

Javon said throwing my phone towards me, I nodded my head and walked out of the house, I texted Jayla and Cora as we arrived to the house.
I knocked three times and waited for a response, did I ever mention that Scarlett's lucky number is 17?

Let me tell you, she truly is everything I like.
She's chill, not jealous and the best part is she understand me.

"Hey Waltons and Cora, come inside."

Her father greeted us, I said hi to him and walked upstairs to her room.
Scarlett's room smells like Cherries, ever since I've met her, I began to love cherries.

Man, I'm completely head over heels for this girl and I wasn't even aware of it.
Scarlett was holding hands with Layla as we walked into her, I closed the door and sat on the ground.

"Okay, no judgment, no rude responses. Just listen to her."

Scarlett said as she sat beside me, taking my hand in hers causing me to get butterflies.
I felt like I was floating on air, she made me feel like that.

"I never meant to ghost Scarlett, everytime I would try to come up with something to say, I would go blank and just leave her on read."

Layla began as she looked at Scarlett, I wasn't trying to believe this but for Scarlett I'd believe the prettiest of lies if that meant she would have a beautiful smile plastered on her face.
Scarlett kissed my cheek and continued to listen to Layla's explanation, this time there was zero excuses and a hundred percent accountability.

"I met Kathryn when I came back, we got close but it wasn't like how Scarlett and I were. I remember feeling happy that I had some new friends but everyday I was asked whether or not I was friends with the cast of Euphoria."

I understood now, with all the pressure of her "friends" wanting to meet the cast she didn't know how to react with everything.
But it was still no excuse for how she treated Scarlett, I nodded slowly and continued to listen.

Scarlett had told me Layla was easily manipulated, it was something Scarlett felt bad about because it had only gotten worse when her father wasn't getting better with his addiction.

"I should've told Scarlett but it had only gotten worse, there was pressure in whether or not I was friends with Zendaya. Kathryn made it seem like she was going to take care of it and had said that you would have never done this for me."

Layla said, she avoided eye contact with everyone.
I looked at Javon, his expressions were masked.

I couldn't tell what he was feeling which bothered me because I was always able to tell what he felt, I looked at Scarlett and she seemed surprised with the information.

"But how would either of you know if you never even considered speaking about it to me?"

Scarlett spoke up, Layla looked at her and shook her head as if to cover up who had told the lie.
But everyone had already guessed who told her, Layla's tears fell as Scarlett stood up and hugged her.

I felt bad, I shouldn't but I do and it was because maybe this wasn't Layla's fault.
Partially some is like the Instagram posts but maybe the shunning and arguments were under the impression of being manipulated.

"Kathryn told me that she would always help me out and that there would come a day where you all would just leave and she would stay. She made me feel like I would always be alone with her, I'm sorry."

Layla was sobbing now, I looked to the side and saw Jayla and Cora start crying too.
This was a little emotional but really, three girls crying over the fact that someone was manipulated?

I understand it isn't a great feeling but maybe we should pull it together, Scarlett sat beside me again and we looked at each other.
I kissed her softly and stood up, I had quite the idea of what I wanted to happen.

"Kathryn was the one who did this, so invite her over and Scarlett here, can teach her a lesson the good old fashion way."

I proposed, Jayla, Cora, Javon and Scarlett liked the idea.
I mean who wouldn't, I came up with it but now wasn't the time to boast.

"Oh, Scarlett, Jaden was stalking you on Instagram!"

Javon said happily as we walked downstairs and outside, I pinched my twin brother's forearm and looked at him.
Scarlett laughed and looked at me, my cheeks flushed with crimson red.

"He thinks he's just being a good boyfriend but he's a stalker."

Javon continued making me push him to the grass, that was one way of making that kid touch the grass.
Jayla slapped the back of my head gently but it still hurt and helped Javon up, she then slapped the back of his head too.

" If you don't stop, I swear I will wait for you to go to sleep and pour Legos all over the ground. "

I threatened, Javon put his hands up surrendering.
Why couldn't I be the only one that came out the womb?

I've asked myself this question over and over again everytime Javon exposed me, I still meant it though.
I should've devoured him when I got the chance but I didn't and now I'm stuck with him.