Twenty:

Keem
December 12
2:30 pm

I couldn't help but stare at this damn ultrasound in my hands. No matter how many times I looked away, my eyes went right back down to it

"Can't stop looking at it either?" Ryan asked, walking into her kitchen where I was sitting

She wore sweatpants, an oversized shirt and glasses with her hair pulled up onto a messy bun. I went with her this morning to get this dna test done and came back to her apartment cause she said she wanted to talk when pretty much everything at this point was self explanatory.

"It still don't seem real, even with this big ass belly"

"Why you wait till now to say something?"

"Honestly... I just figured the baby wasn't yours and it was my ex's. We only had unprotected sex once"

"So you was just raw dogging two niggas around the same time?"

"It was a it wasn't exactly at the same time like i was just fuckin both of y'all back and forth. I got back with him right after you. My ex wasn't just somebody I met recently. Me and him were on and off for a while and after I stopped dealing with you, we got back together"

I sat the ultrasound down and rubbed my face

"I'm sorry keem. But, ya know, shit happens. We did what we did and now a baby is coming"

"When you due?"

"January 10th... that's if she don't decide to come early like she's been trying"

When I realized Ryan said she, I stopped and looked at her

"Issa girl?"

She nodded "Yeah. I really didn't even get the chance to come up with a name yet or anything. I've been slacking which is usually not like me"

I looked at the ultrasound again while she started talking again

"Look, keem. I'm giving you an out if you wanna go. I just threw a lot on you so soon and this baby's coming in a few weeks. Plus I know you said you wasn't planning on having a child no time soon"

"Obviously shit don't go as planned... what I look like having a baby and not taking care of it? It's just, a lot. Even if you felt like the baby wasn't mine, you still knew it was a possibility so you could've let me know so when something like this happen I could've already known"

"I'm sorry"

"Stop saying sorry. Just... we need to figure out what we bout to do about this"

"Well for one, even though I know for a fact she's yours, the dna test should be back in a week"

"I'm not worried about that. Ima trust you cause you ain ever lord to me before. But let's just say IF it turn out you lying, ima be on yo ass"

"Well good thing I'm not lying. Trust me, this is not something that I would lie about. Especially with the fact that I lost a ring and my man behind this"

"It ain like y'all was together when you got pregnant"

"Yeah. But you know, I guess in his eyes it was cheating so he fussed, packed up his stuff and left"

"Did you tell him you was fuckin with somebody else around the time you got pregnant though? Or did you just tell him it was his?"

"No. He knew about you and he said he just knew the baby was his too. Cause no lie when we first got back together we had A LOT of sex. Like a lot"

"Ight, ion wanna hear about you having sex while you pregnant with my baby"

"My bad. But it's like when he really found out he couldn't have kids, it's like flip switched" she told me while grabbing a piece of bread and eating it. When she saw how I looked at her, she laughed a little "this baby likes bread. I'll go through a whole loaf in like 2 or 3 days. And don't get me started on the Hawaiian rolls"