Fourteen.

Attitude.
Chapter fourteen.

VINCENT.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Philip Smiths. Son of a big business man. The smith family, they're known for their good reputation and perfect lives. Never doing anything wrong, known for their power and wealth.

Known for their kindness.

Their life is nothing but lies and I pity anyone who is involved with them.

I stare up at the ceiling, the house is quiet, only me and Zander in this ridiculously large, beautiful house.

I sit up and grab my phone off the side. It's late, 1am. I haven't called dad at all, if I'm being honest. I know I should, I need to try do something to get him to stop his alcohol addiction.

I sigh and turn on my lamp that's beside my bed.

I step out of the warm duvet's and sneak downstairs, I go into the back garden and lean against the wall.

I light a cigarette and begin to smoke it. Staring up at the midnight sky, the moon looking down on us all, the stars making the sky look more beautiful than it already is.

I puff out some smoke and intoxicate my lungs more. "Fuck me." I breathe out shakily, I feel the tears threatening me but I refuse to let myself cry. I shake my head and chuckle.

I'm about to take more of the cigarette in when it gets snatched from my two fingers, "What the fuck?" I frown and follow the large, veiny hand that drops it on the ground.

That same hand finds itself a place on my chin, forcing me to meet eyes with the familiar pair of green eyes.

Zander.

"1. Watch your language. 2. Why are you still up? And 3. Smoking is bad for you, it's an unhealthy habit." He nags, "I know, I haven't done it as much since I've came here and I can't sleep." I say and he smiles softly.

"Is there a reason why you can't sleep?"

I shrug and he kisses my forehead. "Would it be easier if you slept with me?" He asks sweetly.

My cheeks heat up and I shrug again. Would it? I could try.

"Only if I can take Marley and my Winnie the Pooh blanket."

"Of course, Vincent."

I nod and we both go back inside, I grab Marley and my blankie. Zander makes me brush my teeth before we go to sleep, even though I have already done it. I'm assuming it's because I was smoking.

Zander helps me into his bed and turns off the lights, he wraps his arms around me and I immediately sink into his warm touch. He rests his head on my hair and I smile softly.

I keep Marley, my blankie and Zander close, eventually I fall into a deep sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~

  "Don't hurt her!" I cry as master grabs my mum by her hair, his eyes snap to me, glaring at me.

"P-Please." I whimper and he scoffs, turns around and drags my mum out the room. Leaving me alone in this filthy basement.