chapter¹¹

briar's study party

briar's study party

a/n: who has the best original fit?

🪐˚ ༘ ༉‧₊˚✧˚⋆˚* · ° ◌🪐

your pov

10:28 AM. EVER AFTER HIGH

i sit next to raven, who just answered a question wrong, as briar, on the other side of her, wakes up with a gasp from her nap from professor rumpelstiltskin's cackle.

"you answered incorrectly, raven queen," he says.

"uh, professor rumpelstiltskin," apple says, putting her hand up and standing up. "this is totally unfair,"

"you can't test us on chapters one through thirty four," ashlynn says.

"we've only studied up to chapter two," dexter says, continue on from ashlynn.

"i cannot tell a lie and well," cedar starts. "t-that's just not very nice,"

"you actually can't do that," phobes says as he sits behind me.

the professor just cackles in response. i don't like him.

🪐

"you guys don't know about professor rumpelstiltskin?" blondie asks us as we; me, phobes, briar, dexter, ashlynn, apple, cedar, raven, hunter and daring, are in the left tourette, having or trying to have a little cram study session. "at the beginning of each year, he gives an insanely hard test. his students have to ask for extra credit, which is just spinning straw into gold for him,"

"the test is tomorrow morning!" cedar says, bring her wooden hands up. "look, i'm totally getting stress splinters!" i take her hands and take a look at them.

"they look okay to me, cedar," i tell her as she smiles at me.

"well, i could tutor you guys," briar says. "i've been studying on my own for like for ever after,"

"really cool," ashlynn says. briar yawns...oh no.

"briar-"

"well, start with the basic elements..." and she's asleep. i knew it. i've got to take a pic with my mirror phone.

apple pokes briar and sighs.

"if we can't wake up briar," cedar say.

"we are definetly going to fail the test," i say, finishing her sentence.

🪐

dexter and hunter try slamming very loud books in her ears. it doesn't work. she still continues to snore.

🪐

daring tries to wake her up with his blinding teeth thingy. doesn't work. and her pink glasses fall onto her sleeping face.

🪐

"i can give her a nightmare?" phobes questions, putting his hands up. everyone else nods.

"we have only had two lessons," i say to him. "this might not end well at all,"

phobes hums. 

"yeah, actually never mind," he says. "sunny's right,"

🪐

blondie gets a hologram of a bear growling up on her mirror but it doesn't work.

"man..." dex says. "if only she took studying as seriously as partying," wait a spell...

"that's it!" raven says, looking at me. i nod, creating a golden boom box. everyone looks at me, beside raven. 

"what?" i ask with a laugh, handing the boom box to raven. she places it on the table and presses play. disco music starts to play, waking up briar.

"hey guys, what's up?" she says, pulling her glasses to her head.

"you! finally," raven laughs. "but now you have to stay awake and help us,"

"well," briar says, standing up. "there's one thing i'm always up for: a study party!" everyone cheers.

🪐

"time's up!" professor rumpelstiltskin says. "lets see how you failed," my scroll roll up and vanishes from my sight. "y/n sanderson...an a. phobes black...an a. raven queen...an a. apple white...an a. briar beauty...an a..." he continues giving out a's.

"never underestimate the power of a study party," i smile at briar as she winks at me and we both high five.