chapter²⁷

entering the book

entering the book

a/n: best male character?

🪐˚ ༘ ༉‧₊˚✧˚⋆˚* · ° ◌🪐

your pov

05:28 PM. EVER AFTER HIGH

"who let you two-de-do?! the game is about to start!" maddie says as she sips her berry cola. raven looks at me and i shrug. i sit next to apple who's watching the game. it's the big day of the bookball game. i want to play...but finding the book is way more important.

as the giants from the opposing team confront ours, sparrow runs off with a scream.

"i'll stay on the bench!"

"okay, now is the perfect time to go looking for the book," raven says as i nod.

"everyone is distracted," i agree. i squeeze phobes hand, letting it go. 

"wait a spell," maddie says, her eyes going wide. "let's grab cedar. those truth-telling glasses will let us know if we find the real dealio," i tap cedar's shoulder as the three of us get up.

"huh?" she mumbles as i motion her to follow us.

🪐

we make it to heritage hall, me floating on my cloud up the stairs.

"so you think that the real storybook of legends is hidden in here?" rae asks maddie.

"this is where the clue leads!" maddie smiles at her, holding her scroll. "'where the stories of the past come alive, revive and thrive'. see anything cedar?"

cedar hums, looking through her glasses.

"no just a-wait a splinter," she starts. "i think the storybook of legends is in the storybook of legends," we walk over to the the big book, inspecting it.

raven and apple start to pull on the big book's cover, trying to open it.

"it just won't budge," apple whines.

"so what do we do know?" i ask, crossing my arms.

"how a bout i give it a try?" blondie asks, appearing out of nowhere.

"blondie!"

"were you spying on us?" apple asks, looking shocked.

"a good reporter always knows where the story is," blondie winks. "and if it is a lock you need to get past, well..." blondie takes a pin out of her yellow hair. "that is kind of my thing," blondie walks over to the book and unlocks it. in the middle of the book, it glows purple like a whirlpool.