chapter²⁵

dresses and drama

dresses and drama

warning: mention of kissing

🪐˚ ༘ ༉‧₊˚✧˚⋆˚* · ° ◌🪐

your pov

01:54 PM. EVER AFTER HIGH

thronecoming is coming up extremely soon so me and the girls were getting our dresses ready. i mean they are. i'm going to wear a suit. i'm matching with phobes! 

well, technically, i am? he hasn't showed me his outfit. but he said get a suit because i'd be beautiful in one. and there was a lot of kissing, cuddling and hugging so he persuaded me. 

the smaller fairies where sitting on my shoulders as they try to adjust my suit; they put a golden head band on my head, checking if it'll look good. i look at myself in the mirror and i feel like it will. 

"can you believe it? raven is going to sign!" apple says with joy. i glance over to raven and see her pull the same smile from yesterday. she chuckles dryly. "it's like my birthday and new chapter day and true hearts day all wrapped into one-ouch!" she whines, as the fairy pulls on her ribbon. "a little tight, don't you think? uh, anyway, all wrapped into one beautiful present-"

"ugh-we get it!" briar shouts out, making everyone look at her.

"briar...?" i ask, looking at her. she nods, implying that she was going too talk about it.

"woah, what's ruffled your feathers?" duchess asks.

"it's just..." briar pauses with a sigh. "it's not as easy as you make it sound, apple,"

"what's not?" apple asks.

"following our destines," briar starts. "i mean you really think i wanna sleep for a hundred years?"

"well, you are gonna miss out on all the great parties," raven says.

"raven!" i whisper shout at her.

"is that all you guys see me, just a party girl?!"briar asks. "i don't wanna sleep cause i'm gonna loose all my friends. and i'll be alone. how do you think that feels?" i start to frown.

"i never thought about that..." raven says, rubbing her arm.

"well, i have," briar says. "and now that you're gonna sign," briar opens up her changing room, closing the curtain behind her. "well, it changes everything,"

apple walks in behind her as i walk after her.

"but briar we all have our put to play,"

"look apple," i start, rubbing my forehead. "i get it. you are going to be queen. you're going to have your prince charming and all of that. and that's going to amazing. for you. but not everyone has what you have. not everyone wants their destiny. if briar doesn't want to sign, she doesn't need to sign,"

"plus, you get poisoned for what like a week?" briar bites back.

"oooo..." is what i hear, behind us.

"y/n, briar, i'm sorry you're both upset-"

"we are happy for you apple," i say as briar holds my hands.

"i'm happy that raven is going to sign," briar says as we both walk out the changing room. "but now, i think i don't want to,"

golden. 𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖍𝖎𝖌𝖍On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara