Chapter 12

ARIA

"Dress nicely, we're going out", Lewis says, banging on the door of my hotel room. I am still only in my bathrobe, yet since he is currently displaying a storm at my door, I put my slippers on, tuck my hair together and go open the door.

"What the heck do you want?!", I skip the greeting, as soon as I open the door.

Lewis takes a step back and stares at me for a while. "What the heck are you wearing?!"

"I was washing my hair for tomorrow. What do you want?", I cut him short.

He swallows hard and his gaze wonders to the end of the hallway. "We're going out to dinner."

"Us two?", I ask confused.

He lets out a dry chuckle. "As appealing as that idea might be, Miss Grant, we'll have company", he jokes.

I roll my eyes and sigh exhausted. "Fine. Give me fifteen minutes."

"Five", he counters.

"Ten", I don't give up.

"Will ten minutes make you calm down and stop protesting to everything I say?"

"They might", I reply, devious smirk on.

He takes a very deep breath. "Fine. Ten. I'll be waiting in front of the door."

I nod and slam the door in his nose, going to change.

~

"Who exactly are we meeting today?", I ask him as we're walking to the hotel's restaurant. Obviously, Lewis couldn't pick a less than five star hotel for us to go in. I mean, I picked it for him. He just said, "Five star only" and handed me the credit card.

"We're meeting the team. It's important for us to have a dinner together before the season starts. And this will be a nice opportunity for you to meet them."

I start feeling uneasy as he says that.

"What's wrong?", he asks me.

I look at him panicked. "What if they won't like me?"

"They'll love you", he replies.

I keep shaking my head. "But if they don't."

"Relax. I'll take care of it", he tells me.

I don't know if I should be even more worried or calm down.

Since I value my mental health, I go with the second option.

Lewis leads me to the entrance of the restaurant, where he tells something in Spanish to the waiter there. 

"How many languages do you speak?", I whisper at him.

"Seven", he replies matter-of-factly, arranging the tie of his suit. The suit that should be illegal, since, again, that much hotness shouldn't be in someone so annoying.

The waiter is back meanwhile and points us to a table somewhere, one that already has three men sitting at it. Lewis nods thankfully and makes me a sign to follow him. I do as he asked me and as soon as we arrive, I get a better view of the men. One of them has some blue-eyes, blonde hair and a cocky grin. He looks young, probably in his twenties. The other one is a bit older, probably in his thirties, has some sharp features. Some dark eyes, dark hair and a small beard. The last man at the table is older, his hair being grey. They are all wearing suits, like Lewis, and something about them screams important.

"Gentlemen", Lewis greets them.

However, the blonde one stands up as he spots Lewis and comes pat his back, having him in a bro hug. "It was time you showed up, asshole."