Chapter 19

ARIA

"What are you doing now?", Levi asks me on the phone. I stare at "Gossip Girl" playing on the screen of my iPad and the small box of cookies I haven't opened yet on the bed.

"Soul-searching", I answer to him.

I can basically see him face slap, although he's on the phone.

"Alright, no, that's not happening. Your boss is not here, you're young and attractive, we're going out", he tells me.

I sigh out loud, yet still stand up to go grab a dress.

"Where are we going?", I ask him.

"Just out to grab dinner. Chris and Fabio will be there too. Someone can upgrade their posts, ain't I right?"

I can't help the squeal building inside me. "Levi, you're a genius."

"I know. Now go get dressed, blondie. We'll be right there to pick you up."

~

Levi keeps his word. It doesn't take more than half an hour as I get a call from him to go downstairs. As I walk outside the hotel, I am greeted by a very fancy red sports car. Chris is behind the steering wheel, Levi and Fabio on the backseat. They're all dressed more casually. Some short-sleeved shirts with a pair of pants and sneakers. I look at my outfit, the short pink dress and heels in the same color, my lucky necklaces around my neck and the waves of my hair straightened, and mentally curse once.

I might be overdressed.

But since that's the only way I leave the house, I don't actually mind.

I open the door to the passenger's seat and step inside. "Thanks for inviting me", I say as soon as I close the door and the car speeds down the street. It's definitely clear a racer is behind that wheel.

"No problem", Chris tells me, smiling politely.

"Better than being sad and mopey on your own", Levi continues.

I flip him off in the rearview mirror. Levi starts smirking bright.

We keep driving, the three chatting the whole time. I don't even question them being best friends anymore. It's pretty clear. They might be rivals on track, but outside they seem like brothers.

"Are we going to La Perla?", I can hear Fabio ask.

Chris nods, and Levi and Fabio share a hand slap.

"What is La Perla?", I ask them.

Chris winks at me as he responds: "You'll see."

I trust them and let them drive me to the location.

~

I shouldn't have trusted them.

I know that since the moment we enter the location.

I'm welcomed by darkness, neon lights and a disco ball setting the mood. The bar is full, people crowded on the dance floor. A DJ is playing music on a stage, some remixes of hits. One look at the people has me thinking I'm not overdressed. Everybody here seems to have money. Like, I've had my fair share of time spent with clothes, and their clothes all cost a few hundreds. Levi leads the way, already finding the path to the bar. I can see some girls come to the three guys with me, trying to flirt with them. Kinda obvious when they look as Greek gods and have billions in their bank accounts.

They stop and flirt with some girls, yet I can see them watching me the whole time. A guy grabs my waist, trying to get my attention, and one of them quickly clears his throat, making him go away. I send Fabio, the one who did that, a death glare. He only shrugs and continues whispering sweet nothings in the ear of this gorgeous brunette that has an arm wrapped around him.