Chapter 7

Obviously, I couldn't shoot Lee Know like those guys were talking about in their game

Obviously, I couldn't shoot Lee Know like those guys were talking about in their game. But maybe he didn't like me because I didn't know enough about him. I'd shoot him on film. I could follow him around and find out what things he likes, and his hobbies, and pretend to like those things too.

A rational person would say, "Han, that's crazy. Just ask him."

To which I'd reply, "Please shut the fuck up. I'm doing my best."

And maybe that's not entirely true because I am very capable of asking him these things. But it would be hard to pretend I like the things he says he likes and make it seem authentic if I just spent the whole conversation agreeing with him. This way, I can bring those things up first, and he'll believe we have an organic foundation, on which to build a relationship.

Once back in my dorm, I decided I wanted to get a camera. I didn't want the photos on my phone in case I lost it or if someone borrowed it and then got snoopy (aka Changbin).

Next, I'd definitely attend Felix's party under the assumption, of course, that Lee Know would be there since he seemed like a clubbing regular.

Lastly, I'd wear another skirt. Because I could not live without seeing his reaction face to face. My goal was to find out one thing a day and to bring one thing up each time I saw him.

I packed my backpack for my next class and made a point to stop by the drugstore on the way there to get a disposable camera. I would write down the things he likes as well, but the camera would be a nice refresher for me to have developed at the end of the week.

—————————————————————————

Once through with classes for the day, I pulled out my phone and decided to initiate contact with Lee Know

Once through with classes for the day, I pulled out my phone and decided to initiate contact with Lee Know. I followed his Instagram.

I then went outside and waited to see when he'd leave the building. My plan was to follow at a distance so I could gather information without him spotting me. Annoyingly, though, I never saw him come out. An hour after the last classes of the day, I decided to give up on finding him. I didn't even know if he went here.

Frustrated at having failed so early, I collected my things. I headed to the store to buy a box to keep any photos in that I was able to take.

On my way there, I stopped in a cafe to grab a coffee and bagel. I realized I hadn't eaten the whole day and needed some sort of energy.

Food and coffee in hand, I headed through the open door to sit at a bistro table. On nice days, they propped the door to get fresh air inside. I sat down, sipped my iced coffee, and took a few bites of my bagel.

I decided to unwrap my camera and fiddle with it, making sure I had it ready to go should I have any random Lee Know spottings.

"But you liked the skirt?" I heard someone ask.

"Of course. Did you not see him?" I heard and tilted my head to hear what was being said.

"I thought you were done with that."

"I'll never be done with that. I can't change who I am."

I turned my head and saw Lee Know walking towards the cafe with Seungmin. I wanted to sit with the fact that Lee Know had just complimented me, but knew this was my first chance so I grabbed the camera and snapped it blindly behind me hoping to catch something of Lee Know. I then pulled my hat down and stared at my phone very attentively while they walked into the cafe.

"Matcha latte and croissant please," I heard Lee Know order.

I took out my notes app and made a note titled "My Favorite Things". If I did lose my phone, people would think these were my favorite things that had absolutely nothing to do with Lee Know.

Lee Know had on a soft fluffy-looking jacket and I wanted nothing more than to run up to him and cuddle into his chest. I stared at him as he collected his order and began walking outside. He was so handsome. I got distracted staring at him and forgot to hide myself.

"Hey, Han," Lee Know smiled.

I raised my head in acknowledgment and waved my hand up from its place on the table before continuing my efforts of looking at my phone screen as though the news channel was announcing the world was ending.

My goal was to appear very deep in thought.

As Lee Know and Seungmin walked off, I considered following after them but was happy with my two new discoveries.

1. Lee Know likes matcha lattes and croissants
2. Lee Know likes me in a skirt

I collected my things to head back to my room. My phone buzzed the second I got home.

It was Changbin.

"Felix said Friday's dress code is 'yummy chic'"

Another text from Changbin.

"wtf is that"

I laughed immediately at the idea of him trying to decipher the meaning. "I think he just means sexy and fun"

"Oh okay. So I shouldn't wear jeans and a T-shirt or sweater?"

"No grandpa. Wear your black leather pants and sleeveless dress top with a tie."

Changbin replied, "You came up with that quickly."

Another message buzzed in, "Do you have some fantasy about me?"

I rolled my eyes and replied, "Who doesn't."

Changbin hearted the message, and I threw my phone on the bed. Wearing a skirt again would definitely fit the dress code. I seemed to have gotten a good reaction from most people, so I wasn't very anxious about the idea anymore.

I wondered if I should just wear a crop top with jeans and look casual but cute. I also had a one-armed blazer I could pull out.

I decided I'd ask Felix, so I went to Changbin's Instagram to find Felix's so I could add him.

Felix basically posted any and everything. He had several posts from this week of things he baked, pictures with Changbin, a photo of his cat...
I wish I liked someone like Felix because he basically had a dictionary of everything he liked on his Instagram available for everyone to see.

He added me back immediately, and I messaged providing him the options for my outfit. Even though it was over text, he practically foamed at the idea of me wearing a skirt again and so it was decided.

Felix also clued me into the fact that Friday was Hyunjin's birthday party. Gifts were not required, but he encouraged me (told me) to bring a food of some sort. Apparently. the food at the club tasted the way fish food smelled.

I promised to bring something and threw my phone back onto the bed happy with the progress of the day.