Chapter 17

I needed to figure out where to go

I needed to figure out where to go. My instinct was to try to get back into school, but it was the middle of the semester. I doubted they would let me rejoin now that I had missed a couple of weeks.

I pulled out my phone which was basically dead. I texted Changbin to meet me at the cafe and my phone promptly died after I'd hit send. I hoped the message had been sent and made my way there with my backpack and suitcase in tow.

As I walked, I wondered what Lee Know was doing. I wondered if he'd read my letter or if Seungmin had found it first and thrown it out. I wish I'd had more time to write about the things I loved about him instead of just my excuse for having taken the photos.

I'd have written about his gentle but strong hands. His beautiful hair and the piece that always fell out of place. His mental strength. His passionate and perfect eyes. And, of course, how he smelled and tasted of honey.

I made it to the cafe. Changbin hadn't arrived yet, so I went inside and ordered a croissant and matcha latte.

I took my things and meal outside. It was a little chilly but not too bad. I took a sip of the latte and my face puckered in disgust.

"He actually likes this?" I whispered to myself. I took a bite of the croissant that had a honey drizzle. My brain recalled when I'd first seen Lee Know...when I'd felt his hand on my chin and thumb on my bottom lip.

My heart pounded at the memory, and I fought back tears through stinging eyes.

"Han?" I heard from behind me. I turned at met Changbin's worried face, and I stood up to meet his embrace.

I cried into his shoulder as he held me. "What's wrong? Why is your stuff here?" he asked.

I explained what had happened as best I could. I could tell that Changbin, while sympathetic to my situation, judged me for how I ended up here. I couldn't blame him. What sane person would stalk someone for information?

"Are you okay?" he asked. I nodded trying to convince myself.

"What now?" he asked.

"Do you think I could crash at your place while I figure it out?"

"Normally, I'd say yes. You know that. But there has been extra security around for some reason. Felix hasn't been allowed over either."

With Changbin's house no longer being an option I had nowhere else to go. My parents lived hours away. Changbin was really the only friend that I was close enough with to burden like that.

"Maybe you could stay with Felix," Changbin offered.

I shook my head. I barely knew Felix. I couldn't force myself on him and his life like that.

"Let me at least ask him for you," Changbin argued. "You need somewhere to go. Maybe you could crash there for a few days while you find another option."

When he phrased it like that, it didn't sound so bad. By then, maybe I could reach out to my parents or maybe Lee Know will have calmed down enough for me to talk to him.

"Okay, thanks," I made a small smile up at him as he was already pulling out his phone.

He dialed the number and his face lit up immediately when Felix answered.

"Hey Sunshine," he grinned. He was so in love it was adorable. "Got a minute?"

Changbin explained some of my situations (leaving out the stalker story) to Felix. He asked if I could stay while I found somewhere to go, and Felix agreed right away.

I felt relieved to have a place to go and also so bad about intruding on Felix like this. He was too kind for this world.

Changbin helped me load my things into his car, and he drove us over to Felix's house. It wasn't too far from the club where he worked. I'd be lying if that didn't make me hopeful about a potential run-in with Lee Know.

It also made me worried about a potential run-in with the guys who beat me up, but I tried to ignore that fear and focus on the positives.

I could potentially see Lee Know.

I was going to stay with Felix who was super nice.

I would be able to see Changbin more often since he was with Felix a lot.

I held onto those three things as Changbin and I climbed the stairs to get to Felix's apartment. I tried to carry my suitcase up, but Changbin saw me struggling and took over.

"I've got it," I grunted, lifting it another step.

He laughed and took it from me, climbing several steps with ease and continuing upwards.

"Oh my god. How did you do that," I said breathlessly as I climbed the rest of the stairs to where he was waiting.

"I've got gainz baby," he laughed, kissing his bicep and knocking on the door.

I smiled at him but was immediately reminded of last night when Lee Know had called me "baby". I wish I'd learned what was bothering him.

"Come in, come in," Felix welcomed. He hugged Changbin, and then me as well.

"I'm sorry about Lee Know," he said genuinely. "I made brownies, though, if you want one," he smiled, holding out a plate.

Changbin launched in front of me tossed one in his mouth and grabbed a second. "They're the best," he said as he chewed.

"Thanks," I said as I took one and, he was right, it was great. The ones I had made were nowhere near this delicious.

Delicious. The word played in my head and I was reminded of the guy in the alley. I shivered and set my backpack down, so I could take off my shoes.

"So, my place isn't too big, but I have an air mattress or a sofa. You're welcome to either. And just down the hall is the bathroom," he explained, pointing.

"Thanks so much for doing this, Felix," I said. "I don't know where else I could have gone."

"Of course! It's no big deal. Trust me," he smiled.

I was feeling very fortunate that Changbin had managed to find someone so amazing.