Chapter 10

I

I.N. POV:

I couldn't believe that I volunteered for this job. I couldn't believe that Mother said yes.

While Hyunjin was off enjoying life with his friends and having a party, I was joining the family biz. This was my first time being allowed to help with something, and I refused to mess it up.

Since I was young, I'd been interested in how my parents funded their lifestyle. Other kids shared what their parents did at school, and I was always jealous. I'd have to lie and say "businessman" or "nurse", but I really had no idea.

When I was around 7, I asked my mother, and she slapped me and told me to mind my business.

When I was 12, she said they imported goods.

Now I knew the truth.

And so she explained the business and explained why we always had security around. For Hyunjin's party, though, she became paranoid.

She found out Changbin's family had purchased the club, but she couldn't have Hyunjin change his party location without him becoming suspicious, so she changed the security detail she used.

"Why don't we just use our normal guys?" I had asked mother.

"Because they might know our normal guys," she had replied.

Changbin didn't know straight from gay, let alone what one of our normal guys looked like. He was as clueless as my brother. I suppose his parents may have found out we used the club if they checked the footage, but they seemed too busy to care about that.

Hyunjin and Changbin never seemed to care about anything. Neither of them seemed to care about what their parents did. Neither of them wanted to get involved in the family businesses. Honestly, they should date and have a stupid clueless family that reaped the benefits without any of the consequences.

I crawled across the lawn to avoid being spotted by any passerbys. Luckily, Lee Know had a large front gate so nobody would see me as long as I stayed low.

My family had a PI following Changbin, but they hadn't realized how interested his family was in Han until they saw Lee Know with him. I tested it again at the party by encouraging some of our security to mess with Han to see if Lee Know would step in. He did...by shooting one of our guys.

I suppose it was a good thing mother used the backups. Serves them right, though. I had asked them to mess with him, not try to kill him. I was lucky mother hadn't been made aware of Han's condition...I wasn't sure she'd be too happy about that, especially if she found out it was my call.

Naturally though, since Changbin's family was interested in Han, we were now interested in Han. And I volunteered to find out more.

I made it to the window and watched as Lee Know felt up Han's side. I snapped a photo.

"Our guys got you good Han," I whispered to myself. His whole body was covered in bruises. I couldn't help but feel a little bad, but my parents said guilt was something you grow out of. They also said it was a sign of weakness, and I refused to be weak so I pushed aside the empathy I felt.

I supposed I would cause much worse than this eventually should I ever need to. Sometimes violence was a requirement of our job.

Lee Know left and Han dropped his towel. I looked away. I didn't mind being investigative, but I refused to be a perv.

Instead of staying there, I snuck around to a different window to try to find Lee Know.

Once spotted it was clear he was right outside of the door to the room where Han was. His back was against the door and his arm covered his face.  I was shocked at how weak he looked.

Most surprising, though, was that he had his unmoving hand over his crotch.

"No fucking way," I laughed.

Lee Know was known for being the best of the best because he never got personally involved, but here he was getting blue balled by the twink.

I took a photo. Even if I didn't hand this one over to my parents it would be funny to have.

Lee Know finally moved and went to sit on the floor with one of the cats. He whispered something to it and smiled. His way with animals was such a contrast to his way with most people.

The door opened behind him and out walked Han in a black sweatshirt and sweatpants that were falling off of his hips. He was clearly in Lee Know's clothes.

He walked over and bent down behind Lee Know. I watched wide-eyed as Han wrapped his hands around Lee Know's waist and left a kiss on the back of his neck.

Stone cold Lee Know has a soft spot?

I snapped a picture having no idea what was going on between them, but knowing it was definitely something to look into.

My phone buzzed in my pocket, and I answered quickly.

"What is it?"

"Jeongin, you're going to want to see what we found."

"Is it urgent?"

"Very."