Chapter 85

Chan POV

Chan POV

"I am!" a voice cheered behind me, and I turned to find Changbin walking into the room.

"Oh, I was just planning to take Seungmin over there today," I awkwardly told him.

He ignored me and held up some papers up of his own, "I printed off the house's listing. It's pretty cool. It has like 8 bedrooms, a pool, and even a 3 car garage."

He sat on the bed and Seungmin joined him as they looked at the different pictures of the house. "This one's my room," Changbin showed him.

Now curious, I joined them too, and he flipped through the rest of the pages quickly. The house looked incredible. Mrs. Seo had said it was furnished but this was next level. It looked straight out of a movie about a billionaire spy.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were a hologram chef waiting for us.

"Should we head over?" I suggested as I stood up and held my hand out to Seungmin. But Changbin took it instead and helped himself off of the bed.

"Let's go!" he chanted and headed out the door, pulling me behind him. I turned back to see Seungmin was following us and laughing.

I got into the driver's seat and Seungmin opened the door to get in beside me, but Changbin shouted "Shotgun!" and climbed in first.

This was going to be a long day.

Seungmin got in the back instead, and I inputted the address into the GPS and began the drive.

When we got to the driveway of our new home, we had to pass through security. I already felt safer knowing Jeongin couldn't just walk up like he had in the last house.

Something the pictures couldn't tell us about this place was just how massive it really was. It was light tan with a dome center over the entryway door and a massive skylight. The windows had arches, and the second floor had terraces that I knew opened up from some of the bedrooms based on the photos we'd seen. The garage was its own separate building and connected to the house via a walkway that was lined with columns. We passed the pool during the stroll from the garage to the house, and it was beautiful too with white linen chairs and lanterns around it.

"Wow!" Changbin exclaimed. His shock was saying something because he grew up in a house just like this.

"It's beautiful," Seungmin gasped as he took everything in.

I watched as his eyes widened cutely at every new detail. "You're beautiful," I whispered so that Changbin wouldn't hear.

Seungmin's face flushed, and he continued walking without responding. At least I knew now that flirting was on the table.

Changbin flung the front door open and yelped in excitement.

"You guys have got to check this out!" he shouted.

Upon entering, I was also stunned. The entryway's skylight was matted so that we got the light without the heat. There were dark marble staircases on either side and a statue in the middle. The chandelier was modern and made of different-sized lit-up circles. It didn't match the outside at all but both styles were breathtaking.

We toured the rest of the house and were in awe at just how meticulously thought-out all of the decor was. I was most surprised by the massive full-room closet and separate suit room. Mrs. Seo had stocked each closet with items she thought would fit our tastes and had a fancy suit and tux made for each of us as well. I wasn't sure how she got this down so quickly. It would've taken me months.

When it came time to divide the rooms, Changbin sprinted back up the stairs to officially claim his. It had a bed that hung from the ceiling and a rain shower.

I walked aimlessly around with Seungmin until he chose a room as well. It was much more standard than Changbin's but still really nice.

I chose the room next door. I didn't want to force my company on him and ask him to share again, but I could at least be nearby.

We picked the room that was left that has the most flare for Hyunjin (a room with a modern gold chandelier and terrace to look out of while he paints) and reserved the other rooms for Han, Lee Know, and two guests. The idea of there ever being a guest worth inviting over was laughable but at least Lee Know could use them for his cats if he ever stayed here.

Mrs. Seo had already known which room Changbin would pick so his clothes were already in the correct closet. We checked the others and were surprised at how well Mrs. Seo knew our taste in rooms. Only Seungmin and I needed to swap our things.

While we did that, Changbin went to the theater to watch a movie. I was glad to have a little time alone with Seungmin.

"This is giving me deja vu," I joked as I put sweaters away in Seungmin's closet.

He smiled but felt a little closed off. I wondered if my compliment had been inappropriate. I wish I knew what I'd talked about with him.

"This house is wild," I opened up a new topic of conversation but was shut down again by a simple head nod.

I unpacked more items in silence. Mrs. Seo really did know me well because I would've chosen this room for myself if I hadn't let Seungmin pick first. There was a second lock on the door for security and sleepwalking purposes and this room didn't have a terrace I could walk out to at night.

I'd have to zip tie the doors, so I couldn't get outside when I was asleep...which was a waste of a pretty terrace.

"I'm surprised Mrs. Seo got me so many new things. I didn't think she liked me very much," Seungmin mumbled as he folded a pair of my pajamas to put into the dresser.

"To be honest, she didn't until recently. Your saving Han changed her mind."

Seungmin looked pleased that his good deed had gone noticed.

"Did you mean what you told me last night?" Seungmin asked suddenly. His hands fidgeted with the tie of a pair of sweatpants he was holding.

My heart stopped and my brain scanned through all of the pacing in the hallway and practice conversations, but I couldn't remember actually having spoken to him last night.

"Of course," I replied nonchalantly, praying that I hadn't told him something horrible.

"Then...could you stay here with me tonight?" he asked nervously. His cheeks turned a bright pink, and he avoided looking at me as though he were afraid I'd turn him down.

I walked towards him from where I'd been folding on the floor. I put my arm around his shoulder as he rested his head on my chest.

"Of course I will."

Seungmin looked up at me, and my heart raced. He was so close and my mind and body felt dizzy.

"Can I kiss you?" he whispered. His eyes pleaded with mine which caught me off guard.

"Of course you can," I muttered and leaned in.

Just before our lips touched, the door flew open.