CHAPTER 17

Dear dreamer readers, 🌟 Remember to cast your vote and share your thoughts in the comments! Your engagement fuels the story, and I eagerly anticipate bringing you the next chapter sooner with your support. Happy reading! 📖✨
______________________________

As the night deepened, the silence between Taehyung and Jungkook became an unspoken agreement, each word left unsaid casting a shadow on the room. Taehyung, still holding Jungkook close, sensed the absence of the spark that once lit up Jungkook's eyes.

In a final attempt to break through the barriers, Taehyung gently pressed, "Petal, I can see it in your eyes. Something has died, something that used to bring you happiness. Why this distance?"

Jungkook, avoiding Taehyung's gaze, replied with a monotone, "Things change, hyung."

The atmosphere remained heavy with the weight of unspoken truths. Jungkook, seeking refuge in sleep, uttered, "I want to sleep, hyung."

Taehyung, surprised by Jungkook's sudden withdrawal, questioned, "Since when do you sleep early when tomorrow is the weekend?"

Jungkook's response cut through the air, "Since you took all happiness from me."

Confusion etched Taehyung's features as he probed, "What do you mean?"

Jungkook, unwilling to delve into further explanations, requested, "Let go of my hands, hyung. You're hurting me, and I want to sleep, please."

With a reluctant release, Taehyung let go, allowing Jungkook to retreat into the solace of sleep.

The next day, Taehyung awoke to find an empty space beside him. Jungkook wasn't there. A wave of realization washed over Taehyung as he noted the changes – Jungkook waking up early without assistance, the absence of their once-shared embrace. The dynamics between them had shifted, leaving Taehyung grappling with the aftermath of unspoken pain.

As Taehyung woke up and went to freshen up, he began his search for Jungkook. Not finding him in the kitchen, Taehyung inquired with the maids, "Did Jungkook come to have breakfast?"

The maid replied, "No, sir. Jungkook sir did come once to just take some water, and then he went to the study room directly."

Taehyung facepalmed, muttering, "Oh gosh, this boy."

He proceeded to Jungkook's study room, knocking on the door. There was no response. Knocking again, he pushed the door; it was open. As Taehyung entered, he saw Jungkook at the study table, his head buried in a book, fast asleep.

Approaching Jungkook, Taehyung kneeled beside him. Jungkook was in a chair, sleeping on the table. Taehyung was mesmerized by Jungkook's peaceful sleeping face.

In his mind, Taehyung thought, "Damn, how can someone be that cute while sleeping?" He noticed some hair falling on Jungkook's face, gently tucking it behind his ear while admiring the innocence of his expression.

After a few minutes, Taehyung observed Jungkook shifting uncomfortably in his sleep. Without hesitation, Taehyung carefully lifted Jungkook in a bridal manner, carrying him to their shared bed. He tucked Jungkook in, covering him with the blanket, and closed the shutters to create a serene sleeping environment, shielding Jungkook from any disruptive light.

Days turned into weeks, and the silent tension between Taehyung and Jungkook persisted like an unwelcome guest. Taehyung's attempts to bridge the gap were met with cold responses from Jungkook, who seemed to have built a fortress around his emotions.

One evening, as the mansion embraced the soft glow of twilight, Taehyung found himself in the study room. The walls echoed with the quiet rustle of papers as he immersed himself in his own world of responsibilities. Jungkook, engrossed in his studies, maintained a stoic silence at his own desk.